Is this a good variant of the 1070?

paulywog

I'm looking at the 1070s on Amazon right now, I think I want to get one to one up my aging 660 slightly. I've always gone EVGA in the past, so I know those are good cards, but at the same time you get charged the "EVGA tax" with them. I've been looking at this one, the Asus Turbo variant. I actually really like the way that it looks, I'm not a particular fan of the "gamer focused" aesthetic that some cards have.

But it has the blower cooler. My question is, is it going to be a lot louder than a normal cooler? Is there a better 1070 I should go for?

Unless you are building a small form factor build, get something with a non-blower fan.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

yes it will be louder, if you dont have a restricted airflow you should get a open cooler.

The Turbo is known to be quite a loud card, because it's an aftermarket blower design. I would suggest getting open air cooling.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue