Creating secondary gmail for Google account?

I've been wanting to make a second gmail address for personal use. My current one was created ages ago and has become my default Google account with all my stuff. So I'm locked in so to speak.

Right now I'm using my Outlook address for personal and professional use. Outlook allows you to easily create and add existing addresses to your account. Google does not seem to have the same functionality from what I can tell.

I pretty much want to have a shared inbox on the same Google account for two email addresses since I'm so heavily invested in the Google ecosystem (Android, Google Now etc).

Is there any way to achieve that? I realize I could make a compromise and just forward emails to the account but I'd prefer to make have a new gmail account/address attached to my existing Google account.

You can attach the gmail accounts to each other, but I don't think you are able to have every email from all accounts on the same page.

But attaching them will make it easier to switch between accounts instead of having to log out of one and into another.

9 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You can attach the gmail accounts to each other, but I don't think you are able to have every email from all accounts on the same page.

But attaching them will make it easier to switch between accounts instead of having to log out of one and into another.

From what I can tell, I will be creating a new Google account when I go to Gmail and try to create a new account.

Won't there be issues attaching a secondary Google (vs a Gmail) account to another? And how easy will it be to switch?

On Google's support page it says I can go to Gmail and say I already have a Google account when creating a new one but that seems to be outdated information and is no longer the case.

6 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

From what I can tell, I will be creating a new Google account when I go to Gmail and try to create a new account.

Won't there be issues attaching a secondary Google (vs a Gmail) account to another? And how easy will it be to switch?

On Google's support page it says I can go to Gmail and say I already have a Google account when creating a new one but that seems to be outdated information and is no longer the case.

So what you do is log into your Gmail account like usual, and at the top right click on your avatar button (should be a circle shape). At the bottom of that pop up window, click on Add Account.

You could always just use Thunderbird and have ALL your emails, be it outlook or gmail, on the same page just by clicking on Inbox.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You could setup forwarding from other address and add it as alternative sender address.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think I've found the best solution and I might as well share it in case others stumble upon this thread.

If you use the gmail app on android, you can go into the app and add third-party email accounts such as outlook/hotmail/yahoo etc and when you add it, you can tell it to "Gmailify" your acccount (for some odd reason, Google has not added this feature to the web client; it's only possible on the Android app). It will basically merge your old account with your gmail inbox. So it adds all your old emails and any new email appears in your gmail inbox. You get all the gmail features such as Google Now integration, spam filtering and labels. 

It's the best solution from what I can tell. It's the next best thing to being able to create additional email addresses on the same account like you can on Outlook. Only thing I would have liked is to not have my old emails imported but it's okay. I'm not sure if Gmailify does it for you but if not, you can go into gmail settings and set it up to be able to send emails from your gmail inbox but with your old email address as the sender (I did this before I discovered the gmailify feature).

This solution works best for me as I'm not using desktop clients. I want for my email to be "portable" so that it is not tied to a specific device aka cloud/web instead but otherwise that would also be a solution. 

So just to re-iterate: my emails to my old address is automatically added to my gmail inbox and I can send emails from gmail with my old address as sender and I gain all (or at least most) of the gmail features. The inbox is shared just to be clear, not separate. So this is how I'll roll for now :) Maybe Google will allow you to do aliases like Outlook eventually. I know you can add specific tags via the '+' command/tag but if you want an entirely different address, it doesn't really help with that.

Anyway problem solved! :)