2 CPUs, and 1 Stick of RAM?

So I have a dual CPU setup, and now I have no money left over, especially after I find I have to spend more than I wanted on my 850 watt PSU... So now, can I stick which the one 8 GB stick of RAM I have on my dual CPU setup, or must I buy at least two sticks of RAM for it to work? My soon to be rig:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VQDBGf

Thanks....

Why did you get Hyper 212s on Xeons? You could return those and have enough for 16GB. 1 stick should work tho AFAIK

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

its not just a yes or no really more of a case by case i.e some boards have the sections split for ram 2 sets of ram slots for each cpu your board seems to have only one (was a bad pic didn't look to deep) assuming there's 1 set for 2 cpus  id assume it would work but this is case by case really  

Return that PSU and change it to this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nB3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii620bronze

And suddenly, you have $40 for another stick of RAM.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

15 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

Why did you get Hyper 212s on Xeons? You could return those and have enough for 16GB. 1 stick should work tho AFAIK

Heard they were good cpu coolers... What would you suggest? I use a 3D Modelling software (Blender) which is very CPU intensive.

8 minutes ago, matexoza said:

its not just a yes or no really more of a case by case i.e some boards have the sections split for ram 2 sets of ram slots for each cpu your board seems to have only one (was a bad pic didn't look to deep) assuming there's 1 set for 2 cpus  id assume it would work but this is case by case really  

Alright, thank you...

Just now, TowerCG said:

I sell my 3D work to make money, and technically I have the money, I just have to wait 14 days for it to be deposited.

I think only 1 CPU will work with only 1 stick of RAM, because the other CPU doesn't have fast enough access to that DIMM (I may be wrong).

But the best way to find out is to test :D

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

I think only 1 CPU will work with only 1 stick of RAM, because the other CPU doesn't have fast enough access to that DIMM (I may be wrong).

Ah... Okay... Well, I guess it's a wait on shipping and crap game then -_-

Just now, Energycore said:

i had that in a quad socket pentium 4 server I owned a long time ago. That thing was a beast

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

34 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

Heard they were good cpu coolers... What would you suggest? I use a 3D Modelling software (Blender) which is very CPU intensive.

Just wondering (curious) about what you use Blender for? I am an engineering student right now and typically use Dassault Solidworks, or Catia, or Autodesk Inventor, Maya, CAD, or Revit for 3D modeling.

6 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

Just wondering (curious) about what you use Blender for? I am an engineering student right now and typically use Dassault Solidworks, or Catia, or Autodesk Inventor, Maya, CAD, or Revit for 3D modeling.

I actually use it for product design, architecture, and such. Here's my portfolio if you want to see some examples. A lot of people use Blender in place of a CAD software, but I don't get into that sort of thing. I take measurements and make sure all my models are to scale, but I am in no way an engineer. 

3 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

I actually use it for product design, architecture, and such. Here's my portfolio if you want to see some examples. A lot of people use Blender in place of a CAD software, but I don't get into that sort of thing. I take measurements and make sure all my models are to scale, but I am in no way an engineer. 

Wow, your work is very nice

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

That is cool that you can make money off of that.

1 minute ago, Qwweb said:

That is cool that you can make money off of that.

Yeah... I'm still only 15 so I can't get a job in a studio yet, but I can sell to the hobbyists :) 

Just now, TowerCG said:

Yeah... I'm still only 15 so I can't get a job in a studio yet, but I can sell to the hobbyists :) 

Yeah, just hang in there, both of my parents are landscape architects. It is a pretty cool field, lots of different ways for architecture to be implimented. As a side note, you can usually get Autodesk products for free with a student license.

3 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

Yeah, just hang in there, both of my parents are landscape architects. It is a pretty cool field, lots of different ways for architecture to be implimented. As a side note, you can usually get Autodesk products for free with a student license.

Oh man, that's awesome (about your parents). And yeah, I don't really use Blender because of price though. I started using Blender, and to be completely honest, I just really prefer it over the other software... Now Z-Brush, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, V-Ray, and Real Flow are exceptions, haha, but for modelling, I really just prefer Blender.

13 minutes ago, TowerCG said:

Oh man, that's awesome. And yeah, I don't really use Blender because of price though. I started using Blender, and to be completely honest, I just really prefer it over the other software... Now Z-Brush, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, V-Ray, and Real Flow are exceptions, haha, but for modelling, I really just prefer Blender.

The reason I would recommend Autodesk software for architecture is because it is an industry standard program that allows for accurate dimensions and is free for students. For architecture, Revit, CAD, and Google Sketchup, are some of the most recognized in the industry. 

Good news is, all of these programs are highly multi-threaded for rendering (your build would work great), and if you can get them for free (Autodesk programs and Google Sketchup for sure), they are a great way to get a leg up in experience in this field by practicing. The one bad thing about Autodesk is that it puts massive watermarks on printed designs; to make sure you cannot sell them legally, for that you would need to buy the full version of the software.