Does LTT suffer from YouTube algorithm changes?

Shepanator

I was reading this article where youtube denies that they have been adjusting their algorithm recently, despite pewdiepie saying his views went from being 30% suggested video clicks to less than 1%.

I was wondering if LTT has seen a similar drop?

Sorry if this has already been spoken about somewhere, I'll delete this thread if so.

Also I guess this is directed at @LinusTech

I don't know, but I keep getting suggested "therichest" and similar content every time I start a fresh session, usually its some gross or fake ass thumbnail with an arrow pointing to something. 

It's very obvious that real content is suffering and clickbait shit is helped by this. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It's very obvious that real content is suffering and clickbait shit is helped by this.

I agree. I can see it more and more often recently. Shit ton of click baits, even on channels that never did this... :( 

As of LTT suffering because of any algorithm changes/adjustments - I hope not. Unfortunately I see their videos in my recommended feed less often than a while ago. 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

4 minutes ago, Marine_Boy said:

I agree. I can see it more and more often recently. Shit ton of click baits, even on channels that never did this... :( 

As of LTT suffering because of any algorithm changes/adjustments - I hope not. Unfortunately I see their videos in my recommended feed less often than a while ago. 

often the fuckin thumbnails break rules like "Violent or graphic content" and are displayed for weeks. 

Best part?

The new youtube redesign is removing the like/dislike bar completely. That WILL make it much easier for clickbait shit. There's so much you can tell by a video's ratio, especially on a channel with a dedicated viewer base. You'd have to pull out a calculator now. It is very obvious to me this is all intentional because of this. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

3 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

The new youtube redesign is removing the like/dislike bar completely.

That's a dumb idea.  But then again, this is YouTube and they're not known for always making the wisest decisions when it comes to things like this. 

Like you said, my fear is that doing so will make the click bait more prevalent. I've already noticed more and more of it in my recommended videos and it annoys me. It just makes the content I actually want to see less prevalent. 

5 hours ago, Zoravar said:

That's a dumb idea.  But then again, this is YouTube and they're not known for always making the wisest decisions when it comes to things like this. 

Like you said, my fear is that doing so will make the click bait more prevalent. I've already noticed more and more of it in my recommended videos and it annoys me. It just makes the content I actually want to see less prevalent. 

I think they've got away with this shit for years because they have a monopoly on the mass audience. It will kill them, but there's no clear alternative, so that's not good for internet entertainment producers or the audience. 

muh specs 

All parts black

13 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

We've definitely noticed some changes but we aren't being buried at the moment. 

I think part part of the reason we aren't feeling it as much is that we've never been especially blessed by the algorithm anyway. 

Slow, steady growth. 

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I think part part of the reason we aren't feeling it as much is that we've never been especially blessed by the algorithm anyway. 

Slow, steady growth. 

Guy's it's a trap, this isn't the real Linus. We can't trust him! PROVE YOURSELF! WHAT HAPPENED TO MR.WHISKERS ON OCTOBER 28TH IN THE YEAR 1993!

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Slow, steady growth. 

i'm guessing stuff like what's coming up about youtube algorithms is also why you folks are very much putting your eggs in as many baskets as you can.. if that even made any sense at all... :D

---

i do really wonder why i have to go look at rossmann's youtube page to see if he has new videos, but my frontpage is always full of "top 10 things you dont give a flying something about" i've been quite religious about never clicking.

it's almost like youtube is becoming apple "we decide what you want to watch today"

10 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Slow, steady growth. 

It's good to hear that your channel wasn't affected as bad as some other channels I've heard about ;) Hope it won't change in the future :) 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3