Need a new desk.

ionbasa

Well the time has come, i'm needing a new desk, it will go along with my new build(coming soon), anyone have any suggestions? It can't be a corner desk, as I will have it set up along a wall in my room. My current desk is made out of wood, but its starting to look like rubbish, and I don't have enough space with it. 

Preferably looking for something with an aluminum frame, that I know will be sturdy. Also this isn't only for my computer set up, it is where I will be studying, working (CAD) so it needs to be somewhat ergonomic. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Well the time has come, i'm needing a new desk, it will go along with my new build(coming soon), anyone have any suggestions? It can't be a corner desk, as I will have it set up along a wall in my room. My current desk is made out of wood, but its starting to look like rubbish, and I don't have enough space with it. 

Preferably looking for something with an aluminum frame, that I know will be sturdy. Also this isn't only for my computer set up, it is where I will be studying, working (CAD) so it needs to be somewhat ergonomic. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The one I put up in that guide is a solid wood desk with your choice of legs. I've used them all and all are sturdy, even the cheap ones. If you get adjustable legs you just have to spend the 15 minutes to get them even so there is no wobble.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I just use a ikea branddesk, once upon a time it had four CRT screens on it, its a bloody tank of a desk.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The one I put up in that guide is a solid wood desk with your choice of legs. I've used them all and all are sturdy, even the cheap ones. If you get adjustable legs you just have to spend the 15 minutes to get them even so there is no wobble.

Is it real wood, or plywood/particle board with a veneer finish? I like your desk idea, and will most likely go with it, I have an Ikea that is about a 45 minute drive from my house. I will most likely use this tabletop:http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40115532/

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Is it real wood, or plywood/particle board with a veneer finish? I like your desk idea, and will most likely go with it, I have an Ikea that is about a 45 minute drive from my house. I will most likely use this tabletop:http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40115532/

It's going to be a pressed particle board, as are most table tops for the price. It's fairly heavy and well made. I've dropped them, hit the corners on things and no chips out of it. That's a hefty looking stainless steel desktop. You sure you want a metal top? It might get oddly cold lol

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I'll go to IKEA over the weekend and checkout the wood tops. If they look good in person then I'll just get those to save some cash but the metal tops look good also, just never thought about them being too cold :P