New AMD Drivers incoming

Jahramika

need to post an opinion on it...

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

In other news, water is wet.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Ahh, game streaming and recording built into the driver. Makes sense after they retired the third party gaming evolved app.

Nvidia used to have an advantage there with Shadowplay in a first-party app. But making it native means AMD leapfrogs Nvidia (always assuming the implementation works well, of course).

Also, Radeon Chill... cue the memes.

Saweeet! I thought it would have a Red colour name? 

They mention HDR10 support, but for what? Is this in preparation for CES? The next month will be exciting!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Ahh, game streaming and recording built into the driver. Makes sense after they retired the third party gaming evolved app.

Nvidia used to have an advantage there with Shadowplay in a first-party app. But making it native means AMD leapfrogs Nvidia (always assuming the implementation works well, of course).

Also, Radeon Chill... here come the memes.

The GE client was fucking ass. I'm glad that AMD ditched it some time ago. Plays.tv and Raptr integration wasn't good either.

I hope AMD actually does this well and take a page out of Nvidia's book.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

The GE client was fucking ass. I'm glad that AMD ditched it some time ago. Plays.tv and Raptr integration wasn't good either.

I hope AMD actually does this well and take a page out of Nvidia's book.

Yeah. Every time the "does AMD have Shadowplay" question came up, I'd feel a bit conflicted. They did, just... janky.

2 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Also, Radeon Chill... cue the memes.

@LinusTech about to become a radeon schill? :D

I'm a big big big fan of borderless freesync. and that frametime reduction *looks at rx480* oh, you!

Now I just need a freesync monitor, it's finally time.

Oh cool. We're finally getting FreeSync in borderless mode.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 hours ago, Centurius said:

In other news, water is wet.

Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.

I'm not fun in parties.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

9 hours ago, Jahramika said:

Someone needs to make a proper news post out of this. This driver update is big. As in huuuge. Packed with features and improvements.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.