EVGA supernova 850 G2 does not have proper CPU cables..

Hello guys! 

I was trying to build my pc earlier today, but encountered a problem with cable connection. It appears that EVGA Supernova 850 G2's CPU cables are not compatible with the JPWR2 slot on my MSI X99A Gaming Carbon Pro motherboard. (Shown as pictures)

I can perfectly stick the 8 pin end to the JPWR2 spot but then the rest two four pin ends will not fit in the "CPU power supply port" on the PSU itself. Is the PSU not compatible with my motherboard or is it just the cables included are outdated?

IMG_3319.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

I can't plug the split ends to the motherboard. The two slots have identical shape....

2 minutes ago, WaterlooDude said:

I can't plug the split ends to the motherboard. The two slots have identical shape....

looks like the left side 4 pin is incorrect, it should have 2 flat and 2 keyed

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

8pin_sm.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

looks like the left side 4 pin is incorrect, it should have 2 flat and 2 keyed

But it would fit into the motherboard regardless. The rounded off pegs can go in either the rounded off holes or the square holes as well.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

That is the exact shape of both plugs...So the split ends of EVGA CPU cables won't fit in :(.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

But it would fit into the motherboard regardless. The rounded off pegs can go in either the rounded off holes or the square holes as well.

that is true actually

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, WaterlooDude said:

That is the exact shape of both plugs...So the split ends of EVGA CPU cables won't fit in :(.

Please quote people for them to notice. Are you sure you're plugging them in the right way around? The slot is keyed for a reason :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats