need a PRE BUILT PC for under $500

I recently posted here asking for help with a pc build around this price point but I need a pre-built option in case he decides he doesn't trust himself building a pc (which he might).

Whats the best pre-built you can find for under $500? (I'm really trying to convince him to build one himself)

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Well tell him he'll most likely get integrated or r7 240 at that price point lol

5 minutes ago, madscientist56 said:

Whats the best pre-built you can find for under $500?

go ask best buy. they will have choices for this price range.... but we need more information before we can answer that question. there is no such thing as a $500 "best" computer. different computers will have different purposes for that pricepoint.

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

go ask best buy. they will have choices for this price range.... but we need more information before we can answer that question. there is no such thing as a $500 "best" computer. different computers will have different purposes for that pricepoint.

by "best" i just mean most powerful, its for gaming (easy to run games like wow, league, csgo, civ5, etc).

-Linus Sebastian

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

really depends on what best buy you go to. Some of them are clueless and have no clue what a gpu is..

7 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Just give him my opinion:

Good luck getting a prebuilt that's actually good at that price point. 

4 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Well tell him he'll most likely get integrated or r7 240 at that price point lol

I kinda knew posting this would result in a bunch of people giving me ways to try and convince him, I don't need help convincing him I need help finding an actual pc.

-Linus Sebastian

Just now, madscientist56 said:

by "best" i just mean most powerful

smh

Just now, madscientist56 said:

its for gaming.

thank you. this is useful information.

You should be looking for a computer with an i3 or AMD cpu with graphics around the 1050/rx460 area and 8gb of RAM. these components are new enough there probably isn't going to be a lot of that floating around in a local computer sore (unless you have a big pc store like microcentre near you)

3 minutes ago, madscientist56 said:

I don't need help convincing him I need help finding an actual pc.

What you need is google, not a forum. go browse online flyers, online stores, and find something that fits what you need.

asking a forum about this is simply going to result in someone else having to do your homework for you.

16 minutes ago, madscientist56 said:

Snip

Also you should consider looking at the used market. 500 bucks for a pre-built is going to leave you with a fairly dismal gaming experience unless you can manage to find an insane deal. but a used 500 dollar machine, if you know what to look for, could be quite powerful indeed.