Would my PC fry or damage an Elgato HD60 Pro?

Hey everyone. I have this really shitty PC, and I'm hesitating on whether to put an HD60 Pro in it or not. It has an unused PCI-e slot, but I'm not sure if the PC'll even be able to run software or actually record something.

What do you think?

PC: https://www.komplett.dk/product/656447#technical-details

Sorry it's in danish, the PC is so shit I couldn't find any other place they sell it than Denmark.

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

thats just a capture card, i see no reason it would "fry" or anything like that 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats just a capture card, i see no reason it would "fry" or anything like that 

Hmmm, I just really don't want to put it in something I don't trust to be honest. I might wait until I get my new PC to plug it in. But you're right, there should be no reason it would fry or get damaged, I'm just not really comfortable putting such an expensive thing in that shitty computer...

The dream:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

Just googling "Acer Aspire X1470" I found a long search result of the PC. But anways, its just a capture card its not going to be pulling power like a high end video card. There would be no problem

Just now, tp95112 said:

Just googling "Acer Aspire X1470" I found a long search result of the PC. But anways, its just a capture card its not going to be pulling power like a high end video card. There would be no problem

Yeah but they're not the right models. All those have some wrong specs to mine like 4gb ram while mine has 6 and such. But thanks for your reply, everything helps!

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

Hmmm, I just really don't want to put it in something I don't trust to be honest. I might wait until I get my new PC to plug it in. But you're right, there should be no reason it would fry or get damaged, I'm just not really comfortable putting such an expensive thing in that shitty computer...

its not a power hungry thing, its not a problem

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

its not a power hungry thing, its not a problem

Power's not really what I'm worried about, but I'm talking nonsense anyway, and I'm really just a pussy caring too much about an expensive product.

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

there's no direct reason why the capture card wouldnt work, although i SERIOUSLY doubt that your processor would come even close to making good use of a capture card.

Just now, manikyath said:

there's no direct reason why the capture card wouldnt work, although i SERIOUSLY doubt that your processor would come even close to making good use of a capture card.

That's what I'm getting at. It won't even be worth putting it in the PC, right? It'll just be a complete shit show.

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

That's what I'm getting at. It won't even be worth putting it in the PC, right? It'll just be a complete shit show.

thing is, your title suggests physical damage happening, and no, that wont.

but i wouldnt really suggest shelling out the dough on an elgato if *that* is the kind of setup you're rocking.

or to put it in a wording i use often: "the budget would best be spent elsewhere"

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

thing is, your title suggests physical damage happening, and no, that wont.

but i wouldnt really suggest shelling out the dough on an elgato if *that* is the kind of setup you're rocking.

or to put it in a wording i use often: "the budget would best be spent elsewhere"

Yeah I probably should have made my post differently. Don't worry, I'm getting a PC regardless of this Elgato. This is just what I'm getting for Christmas, as I'm building my custom PC myself, and I can't really wish for parts, so I wished for the Elgato, as it'll be something I want to put in that system! I don't plan on rocking this garbage for long.

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler