Is my GPU Dead [Please help!]

GamingDevilsCC
Go to solution Solved by AMD Spec,

But still , ur other gpu works with your current setup /u also tried another psu

which narrows it down to the card ,   I would suggest trying to flash the bios of the card again , u must be extremely careful with this cuz u might brick the card if it goes wrong , it should be easy tho .    

u are actually running with the windows generic drivers ( those that came with it )

i believe , but the low fps is because of ur bugged gpu .

other than that , u should be considering a new gpu 

So I was playing bf4 on my sapphire dual-x hd 7950, than suddenly my pc just powers off, and automaticly turns on again.

then it keeps bsoding to "thread stuck in device driver"

when i uninstall the drivers from ddu, it works fine and doesn't crash when I log in my pc.

but right when I go and install drivers (16.11.5), it blue screen's of death again.

I'm currently using my other gpu, an r7 370 and it works fine, but the hd 7950 doesnt.

Help

Thanks.

*EDIT*

Also, the gpu can launch up Rocket league and play it, (at extremely low fps tho) without the drivers, could this mean its not fully on the gpu side? (even though i already tried with another psu, a evga 500w instead of my main evga 500B.)

Also, whats the difference between installing gpu drivers in safemode and without safemode, could this possibly fix the issue?

And last of all, should I try using the EVGA 500w psu just for my gpu, and my main evga 500B psu supplying power to all other components.

Have you tried downgrading drivers?  Like a version older or such.  I feel like if the GPU were dead it wouldn't output even without a driver, but I'm not certain.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Just now, Aruxx said:

Have you tried downgrading drivers?  Like a version older or such.  I feel like if the GPU were dead it wouldn't output even without a driver, but I'm not certain.

I tried letting windows install the driver automatically (window's always updates with an old driver for some reason),

and same problem happens again, a bsod.

Maybe try running it in safe mode and reverting back a driver?  Don't want to call it quits on what may be a perfectly fine GPU.  

I did a little research in google and people are saying update your audio drivers (on what may be a different problem, but it seems to cause the same BSOD).  Possibly a driver conflict.  

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

27 minutes ago, Aruxx said:

Maybe try running it in safe mode and reverting back a driver?  Don't want to call it quits on what may be a perfectly fine GPU.  

I did a little research in google and people are saying update your audio drivers (on what may be a different problem, but it seems to cause the same BSOD).  Possibly a driver conflict.  

Cant install drivers in safe mode for some reason, the amd driver updater doesn't recognize any GPU. (when im not in safe mode, it does)

also, my audio drivers seem to be up to date.

I'm gonna try re-flashing the same bios into my gpu and hope for the best. ill get back to you once I finished,

35 minutes ago, Aruxx said:

Nope, re-flashing my bios then re-installing drivers still didnt fix the issue.

im guessing this card is dead. welp, going back to my r7 370 it is :(

just go install an older driver. completely uninstall the one you have (make sure to use AMDs driver remover so everything is gone then download and install (manually) an older version of the driver

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

8 hours ago, AMD Spec said:

Whats your psu ?

An evga500B

I will be trying with another PSU (evga 500w 80+)sometime soon.

Had a similiar Problem with my Asus 270x when it was nearly dead. It was some kind of failing VRAM. In other words:

f6c.jpg

Try RMA it.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

1 hour ago, Rodniz said:

Had a similiar Problem with my Asus 270x when it was nearly dead. It was some kind of failing VRAM. In other words:

f6c.jpg

Try RMA it.

I don't think I can, I bought it used from a buyer almost 2 weeks ago.

On 4.12.2016 at 4:45 PM, GamingDevilsCC said:

I don't think I can, I bought it used from a buyer almost 2 weeks ago.

Ask the used buyer to take it back, since it pretty much broke mmediately.

Try RMA'ing anyways. I needed to rma my gpu, but i couldnt send them a reciepe since it was used to be my fathers one.

They replaced it with a working one anyways.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

6 hours ago, Rodniz said:

Try RMA'ing anyways. I needed to rma my gpu, but i couldnt send them a reciepe since it was used to be my fathers one.

Darn, warranty seems to be ended for the item, and seller cant take it back.

I'm outta luck :(.

you should look for shops that fix gpus and mobos, they'll check the components and hopefully it wont we something fatal , it kinda depends on your luck tbh 

, thats your only hope now .

another thing to say , u should consider getting a new gpu if that one didnt work , dont go for used gpus agaigpus

if u try it with another psu , keep us updated 

good luck

On 12/10/2016 at 0:36 AM, AMD Spec said:

you should look for shops that fix gpus and mobos, they'll check the components and hopefully it wont we something fatal , it kinda depends on your luck tbh 

, thats your only hope now .

another thing to say , u should consider getting a new gpu if that one didnt work , dont go for used gpus agaigpus

if u try it with another psu , keep us updated 

good luck

I tried with my office pc, no luck, same bsod.

Dont think ill be upgrading in a long time, it took almost 4 months to save up for a $130 CAD for the hd 7950 :(

Then consider the repair option , i dont want to tell u to bake ur card in the oven cuz thats horrible but u should seek help from a pro that has reballing machine , ive seen alot of shops have it

11 minutes ago, AMD Spec said:

Then consider the repair option , i dont want to tell u to bake ur card in the oven cuz thats horrible but u should seek help from a pro that has reballing machine , ive seen alot of shops have thatv

idk man, I "fixed" my brothers 7870 by baking it... It was almost a year ago now. Works perfectly fine ;) 

If that's the only option left (It was in my case) Then... Why not?

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

ofc it works alot of times but it is safer to pay a visit to the shop and let him reball it , i baked a card before and it definitely worked but u gotta lay out the goods and the bads of it  .  i mean if u are desperate and cant find a place to fix it , then go ahead but make sure u watch detailed tutorials of the process before attempting anything

On 12/14/2016 at 0:23 AM, AMD Spec said:

ofc it works alot of times but it is safer to pay a visit to the shop and let him reball it , i baked a card before and it definitely worked but u gotta lay out the goods and the bads of it  .  i mean if u are desperate and cant find a place to fix it , then go ahead but make sure u watch detailed tutorials of the process before attempting anything

On 12/13/2016 at 1:14 AM, Ekst4zy said:

idk man, I "fixed" my brothers 7870 by baking it... It was almost a year ago now. Works perfectly fine ;) 

If that's the only option left (It was in my case) Then... Why not?

On 12/7/2016 at 1:39 PM, Rodniz said:

On 12/3/2016 at 11:58 PM, 8uhbbhu8 said:

just go install an older driver. completely uninstall the one you have (make sure to use AMDs driver remover so everything is gone then download and install (manually) an older version of the driver

On 12/3/2016 at 11:20 PM, Aruxx said:

Hey guys, I have a few more details to share.

The gpu can launch up Rocket league and play it, (at extremely low fps tho) without the drivers, could this mean its not fully on the gpu side? (even though i already tried with another psu, a evga 500w instead of my main evga 500B.)

Also, whats the difference between installing gpu drivers in safemode and without safemode, could this possibly fix the issue?

And last of all, should I try using the EVGA 500w psu just for my gpu, and my main evga 500B psu supplying power to all other components?

But still , ur other gpu works with your current setup /u also tried another psu

which narrows it down to the card ,   I would suggest trying to flash the bios of the card again , u must be extremely careful with this cuz u might brick the card if it goes wrong , it should be easy tho .    

u are actually running with the windows generic drivers ( those that came with it )

i believe , but the low fps is because of ur bugged gpu .

other than that , u should be considering a new gpu