Core i7 Extreme Edition on Laptops

Why do not laptops get Core i7 Extreme Edition chipsets?

Like getting a Broadwell-E 8-core processor on a laptop would be great for professionals.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Umang Goel said:

Like getting a Broadwell-E 8-core processor on a laptop would be great for professionals.

Thoughts?

it would make the lapotops already MORE expensive also the power comsumption

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Heating issues. Those processors are powerful but generate HUGE amounts of heat. With a desktop case, it is easy to fit a big cooler required to keep the temps down. But with a laptop, you don't have that much room to work with and everything is kind of jammed in there. A hot CPU inside a laptop could do damage to itself and other components around it which is why Intel makes less powerful versions of different processors to keep the temps at a good range. 

Edit: and those processors EAT UP power which laptops can't provide. 

3 minutes ago, Umang Goel said:

Thoughts?

Tring to cool a 100+ W chip would be a nightmare, you would end up with a 4-5in think laptop to provide enough cooling.

If the laptop only was 2-3 inches thick it would just thermal throttle.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 hours ago, Umang Goel said:

Laptops aren't cheap anyway, like MacBook Pro 2016. :P

Power Consumption could be a point.

Just like how @doomstriker said, it would make the laptop VERY hot, also power consumption is a point as well, unless it has a super battery then it would die in minutes

13 minutes ago, Umang Goel said:

Thoughts?

Most professionals (working for large companies that would consider buying such a laptop) will not be using a laptop for anything that needs that type of power (ie. rendering, or data set analysis) as they typically have computers that are purpose-built for the task. One of teh only benefits would be to have a portable workstation, but most professionals live close to their offices and can do work on a home PC if need be. There are several other points I can make but to keep this relatively short I will stop there. 

Another point is that many professionals don't buy Core i7s at that point, but opt for buying a Xeon. One reason is that a similarly clocked Xeon (that supports more PCI-E lanes, has more cache, and supports more RAM) is almost $400 less than the 8 core i7. 

Intel Core i7-6900K 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor $1049.99

Intel Xeon E5-1650 V4 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $669.00

http://www.avadirect.com/Clevo-P570WM-Core-i7-Gaming-Notebook-17-3-Full-HD-LED-LCD-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-880M-Quadro-K5100M-Graphics/Configure/8100258

Clevo has had models with the i7-4960X. I'm not sure if they have something recent, but they probably do.

EDIT: The site throws in the 3960X, but Google led me to that so bugger all.

Saying laptops aren't cheap and then using Macbooks as an example... Okay.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Many laptop manufacturers continue to opt for dual core processors as they consume less power, thus generating a lot less heat, while still performing quite well for regular use (oh, and they're quite a bit cheaper). Intel doesn't currently make laptop processors with more than 4 cores, so a desktop processor is necessary, anyway, and unfortunately laptops that use these kinds of processors aren't terribly common.

Power usage for CPUs are going down every generation, so it wouldn't surprise me if we see some actual mobile hexacore i7s.

Just to be pedantic, the E in Broadwell-E CPU's means Enthusiast. Extreme CPU's are marked with an X at the end of the model number (i.e., I7-6950X is the Extreme version of the Broadwell-E Enthusiast line).

As others have said, heat. The Broadwell-E processors all have a TDP of 140 watts. That is a lot of heat to dissipate.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."