Cpu for Battlefield 1

Disketa

It's good enough but not best.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

It's good enough but not best.

Forgot to mention, but should it drop to 35-50fps?

spamming threads is against the community standards and the threads will most likely be merged by a moderator.

but bf4 is pretty cpu intensive seeing 100% usage should be expected, I would suggest upgrading to a haswell i7 like I did in your other thread.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 minute ago, Disketa said:

Forgot to mention, but should it drop to 35-50fps?

What are your settings? Res and visual

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

What are your settings? Res and visual

I play on 1080p, here are my settings

Bez názvu1.png

Bez názvu.png

I would try turning down some settings, it might help a bit with the drops. I have a 6600K and a 980ti play at 1440p. I play on High with AA turned down a little more.

My CPU is at 100% but I don't really have serious drops other than on Empire's Edge because that map is just terribly optimized. I get 20 less FPS on that map compared to all of the others.

5 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I would try turning down some settings, it might help a bit with the drops. I have a 6600K and a 980ti play at 1440p. I play on High with AA turned down a little more.

My CPU is at 100% but I don't really have serious drops other than on Empire's Edge because that map is just terribly optimized. I get 20 less FPS on that map compared to all of the others.

It may sound weird, but even turning it to low and 25% render scale, i still have drops to 35-50 fps

3 minutes ago, Disketa said:

It may sound weird, but even turning it to low and 25% render scale, i still hace drops to 35-50 fps

11 minutes ago, Disketa said:

It may sound weird, but even turning it to low and 25% render scale, i still have drops to 35-50 fps

Turning resolution scale down actually makes drops more likely since you're rendering at a lower resolution. FPS drops due to the CPU are more likely to happen at lower resolutions. Try turning that particular setting up a bit.

11 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Turning resolution scale down actually makes drops more likely since you're rendering at a lower resolution. FPS drops due to the CPU are more likely to happen at lower resolutions. Try turning that particular setting up a bit.

Does nothing, still same fps

56 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

sounds like there is something wrong, especially if you're running 1080p. 

if you HAD to upgrade, definitely go with the 4790/k (you can keep everything, just swap the CPU).

But I would investigate other problems being present first. 

1 hour ago, Kobathor said:

Your i5 should not be anywhere near 100% while running BF1. It should also not bottleneck a GTX 1060. Look at the CPU usage while idling and such. Before upgrading your parts, reinstall Windows and don't install as many programs. I have an i7-6700HQ in my laptop, and it's around as powerful as an i5-4690k while at the stock clock speeds. It doesn't run near 100% while running BF1, and I only have a 960m.

I think you have a virus or something. 

Actually, at lower resolutions like 1080p, more load is put on the cpu then the gpu.  Reason being is that the lower resolution frames are rendered much more quickly by the gpu, so then the cpu must send the data to the gpu quicker.  So, the higher your frames get, the more work your cpu has to do to get the frames to your gpu. Eventually, your cpu is going to bottleneck, and struggle to keep up.  The reason you don't see a bottleneck with your 960m is becuase its not powerful enough to render enough frames to the point that the cpu can't keep up.    

Also, the single player in BF1 is not nearly as cpu intensive as the multiplayer. If you look at recommended specs for BF1, you'll see that a 6600k is MINIMUM.  the 4790k, or any quadcore with hyperthreading will be a nice improvement. 

1 minute ago, Ctown0812 said:

Actually, at lower resolutions like 1080p, more load is put on the cpu then the gpu.  Reason being is that the lower resolution frames are rendered much more quickly by the gpu, so then the cpu must send the data to the gpu quicker.  So, the higher your frames get, the more work your cpu has to do to get the frames to your gpu. Eventually, your cpu is going to bottleneck, and struggle to keep up.  The reason you don't see a bottleneck with your 960m is becuase its not powerful enough to render enough frames to the point that the cpu can't keep up.    

Also, the single player in BF1 is not nearly as cpu intensive as the multiplayer. If you look at recommended specs for BF1, you'll see that a 6600k is MINIMUM.  the 4790k, or any quadcore with hyperthreading will be a nice improvement. 

He's not hitting enough frames for that to be the circumstance. 

But nice try. 

2 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

It still shouldn't bottleneck. The GPU should be at 100% all the time. Battlefield 1 is intensive even at 1080p if you're on Ultra settings. I would understand if the game was on 640x480 low settings, but it's not.

I used to be quite active here.

Are the other games working fine? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Are the other games working fine? 

Yes, Witcher 3 ultra with hairworks 60fps for example

4 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

He's not hitting enough frames for that to be the circumstance. 

But nice try. 

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

It still shouldn't bottleneck. The GPU should be at 100% all the time. Battlefield 1 is intensive even at 1080p if you're on Ultra settings. I would understand if the game was on 640x480 low settings, but it's not.

A week ago, I might have agreed with both of you.  But, after some tests and some research, I clearly underestimated how cpu intensive BF1 really is.  Even at 60fps or lower, the cpu struggled to keep up.   Even in games like GTA V, the i5 will sit anywhere from 90-99 percent usage.  It's actually pretty well documented 

15 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

A week ago, I might have agreed with both of you.  But, after some tests and some research, I clearly underestimated how cpu intensive BF1 really is.  Even at 60fps or lower, the cpu struggled to keep up.   Even in games like GTA V, the i5 will sit anywhere from 90-99 percent usage.  It's actually pretty well documented 

Pretty well documented by who? My friend runs an i7-4770k and a GTX 960 2GB and he gets around 60FPS at 1080p Ultra. A 1060 should beat that easily.

His PC should beat my laptop easily, too. The i5-4690k is actually more powerful than my i7-6700HQ, and his GPU is much more powerful than mine. At ultra my frames drop to around 40, but I never drop in framerate when there's lots of action on screen, or when I look far into the distance.

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Pretty well documented by who?

BF1 forums, for starters...as for others, idk pick a forum somewhere and you'll find somebody with the same problem as the OP.  Even folks on this forum will tell you the same thing: BF1 will bottleneck last gen i5's if you gpu is powerful enough.  

Just now, Ctown0812 said:

BF1 forums, for starters...as for others, idk pick a forum somewhere and you'll find somebody with the same problem as the OP.  Even folks on this forum will tell you the same thing: BF1 will bottleneck last gen i5's if you gpu is powerful enough.  

But we're talking about a 1060.. not a TItan XP. Shouldn't be a problem. Also, I don't find anecdotes on forums to mean "well documented."

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

But we're talking about a 1060.. not a TItan XP. Shouldn't be a problem. Also, I don't find anecdotes on forums to mean "well documented."

Why not? its real people in real world scenarios.  Not some test in a lab.  At any rate, it doesn't really matter what you consider "well documented," the point remains the same.  Multiple people reporting the same issue, albeit with slightly different circumstances.  There's no way its just coincidence.  You'd be amazed at how many people this happens to have a gtx 1060. I was.  

7 hours ago, Disketa said:

*snip*

Threads merged, please don't make multiple threads about the same topic.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 hours ago, Disketa said:

I have i5 4690K, 16gb ram ddr3, and gtx 1060 Strix.

In Battlefield 1, i have 100% cpu usage and 50% gpu usage while playing.

Many people told me that there should not be a problem, and i should reinstall my pc, and other people told me my cpu is not good enough.

What do you think?

It drops down to 35-50fps in action or when looking far into the map.

(sry for posting twice in a row)

Look at background processes running

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)