How to trick speedtest.net?

Hi LTT community

I was wondering if there is any way to trick speedtest.net to fake your speedtest.

I know there is a program called speedtest spoofers who makes an image of your test. But I want to do it Live.

I tried messing with cache,proxies etc. (handycache) or is there any way to install the server software and make my pc send the adress to a local IP?

I have a lot of time and patience but I just want to get this to work

PS : Handycache+ Bandwithplace.com works but I want to do it on the speedtest by Ookla

Thanks in advance

My first question would be in what direction to you want to trick the test?

Slower or faster than what you actually have?

2 minutes ago, DaMainMan said:

My first question would be in what direction to you want to trick the test?

Slower or faster than what you actually have?

Faster,

slower is easy just do a bunch of them at the same time ;-)

I really don't understand why someone would lie about the results of a SPEEDTEST! Come on now, you're better than that. If you really want to get a fast connection, go to Ericom's HTML5 RDP client and try the demo. Run a speed test on it and take a screenshot. Keep in mind, the free demo lasts only 5 minutes. When I tried it, the server had a 600 down, 600 up connection through Amazon.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

On 30-11-2016 at 5:10 PM, Jamiec1130 said:

I really don't understand why someone would lie about the results of a SPEEDTEST! Come on now, you're better than that. If you really want to get a fast connection, go to Ericom's HTML5 RDP client and try the demo. Run a speed test on it and take a screenshot. Keep in mind, the free demo lasts only 5 minutes. When I tried it, the server had a 600 down, 600 up connection through Amazon.

How do I do that ? Whats the adress of the server that u did the test on?

PS: Proximus upgraded there DSL today; now getting 75/12 :-p