GPU Upgrade on 1070. CPU influence

Currently I have a gaming PC that I built in summer 2015. It runs on an Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.00, a Zotac geforce gtx 970 amp extreme! Extreme edition, 16gb of ddr3 ram and a 256 SSD. I plan to upgrade it on a ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070. Will the processor (i7 4790k) run the GPU without even slightly bottlenecking? Should I also upgrade on 32gb RAM? Would it be worth to overclock my CPU  (I would have to buy a new 1150 Mainboard, because my asrock H97M pro4 can't overclock)? 
PS: I want to play everything on ultra on 2k resolution with more than ~80hz.
Thanks for all answers!

4 minutes ago, momsspaghetti said:

Currently I have a gaming PC that I built in summer 2015. It runs on an Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.00, a Zotac geforce gtx 970 amp extreme! Extreme edition, 16gb of ddr3 ram and a 256 SSD. I plan to upgrade it on a ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070. Will the processor (i7 4790k) run the GPU without even slightly bottlenecking? Should I also upgrade on 32gb RAM? Would it be worth to overclock my CPU  (I would have to buy a new 1150 Mainboard, because my asrock H97M pro4 can't overclock)? 
PS: I want to play everything on ultra on 2k resolution with more than ~80hz.
Thanks for all answers!

4790K is still a beast cpu, no need to upgrade trust me.

OC can always give a boost, but it will not be NEEDED.

No need to upgrade to 32 GB ram, it will give 0 performance gain. Only it will give you the power to open more application at the same time and not lose performance on alt tabing and stuff...

Short story : Your cpu is a beast, no need to change board to OC, waste of money, it will run the 1070 without any problems or any bottlenecks ! and 32 gb ram won't improve performance but just give you more "room" for more applications running at the same times.

4790k at stock speeds
GTX 1070
16GB ram

this is more than enough for gaming 

no need for upgrading although its quite a waste of a K-sku cpu

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Keep 16GB of ram that is plentyyy... keep the current setup, spend that extra money you are wanting to spend to jump from a 1070 to a 1080 or a 1080Ti.

2 minutes ago, mok said:

4790k at stock speeds
GTX 1070
16GB ram

this is more than enough for gaming 

no need for upgrading although its quite a waste of a K-sku cpu

Yep, mistake was made when buyin the components, but its done its done, hehe

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

its just a ~30$ mistake tho considering a 4790 non K would have result in saving ~30$ so.. not too bad of a mistake :P

6 minutes ago, smokefest said:

Even though I can't overclock my CPU it still runs on 4.0 ghz which is higher than the non-k on 3.6ghz. So it gives better performance even without overclocking.

5 minutes ago, smokefest said:

its just a ~30$ mistake tho considering a 4790 non K would have result in saving ~30$ so.. not too bad of a mistake :P

Even though I can't overclock my CPU it still runs on 4.0 ghz standard which is higher than the non-k on 3.6ghz. So it gives better performance even without overclocking.

6 minutes ago, momsspaghetti said:

Even though I can't overclock my CPU it still runs on 4.0 ghz standard which is higher than the non-k on 3.6ghz. So it gives better performance even without overclocking.

True fact !

So enjoy your 1070, I had a 970 also and bought a 1070 asus strix oc, and I LUV IT !!! Its near 2X more fps in every game, and some games its a full 2X performance gain !

Amazing card. you won't regret it !

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

True fact !

So enjoy your 1070, I had a 970 also and bought a 1070 asus strix oc, and I LUV IT !!! Its near 2X more fps in every game, and some games its a full 2X performance gain !

Amazing card. you won't regret it !

Thanks buddie, have a good day 

In modern chips? or in lga 1150. For this socket, the i7 4790 is roughly equivalent. I would be inclined to say an i5 6600, or an i7 6700 to match this in modern gaming.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

17 minutes ago, smokefest said:

17 minutes ago, smokefest said:

The 4790k runs 400 MHz faster at stock (4.0 GHz base/4.4 Turbo) than a 4790 (3.6 GHz base/4.0 Turbo) so you didn't waste any money even if you didn't overclock it.  You still gained stock performance and the option for even more later.

18 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The 4790k runs 400 MHz faster at stock (4.0 GHz base/4.4 Turbo) than a 4790 (3.6 GHz base/4.0 Turbo) so you didn't waste any money even if you didn't overclock it.  You still gained stock performance and the option for even more later.

He said it earlier ! But thanks for correctig me anyway :P its true ! its still a bit of a waste to me to buy a K cpu with a non overcklokable board, but heh ! all good xD