Results of overclock of 6850k.. YAY lol

The max possible clock i could obtain with this cpu is 4.5ghz at 1.45 volts. Anyone else have results for this or better results for that matter? worse? Just thought i would post results to help people who also are overclocking this cpu.  

thats very high for a broadwell tbh you should be happy. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

it a nice OC but i will not exceed 1.4V for the CPU core

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I wouldn't leave 1,45V 24/7, I'd recommend going around 1,4 max for everyday usage

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Not bad.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Nice, must be putting out some heat!

Wouldn't run that daily. I have learned that a nice stable OC at lower voltage is best. 

For instance, since you can hit 4.5 at all, you can probably hit 4.3 at like 1.35v. The curve to achieve max OC is not linear, and a .2 GHz increase is not worth running the chip at 1.45v. Not unless you have a custom loop and a very high end Mobo, anyways. 

I have a custom loop and very high end mobo :P 1.41v does 4.4ghz I think I may be able to get 1.44 for the 4.5ghz

im running the rog rampage 10 and the vrm and chipset are both watercooled as well as everything else 

1.43 seems to be stable at 4.5ghz wow that bios update did alot. sorry i meant 4.5ghz stable at 1.43 

12 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

im running the rog rampage 10 and the vrm and chipset are both watercooled as well as everything else 

then yolo. 

it runs stable, cinabench, ida 64, gaming. but boinc causes an instant crash..... ok..... thats just odd 

31 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

1.43 seems to be stable at 4.5ghz wow that bios update did alot. sorry i meant 4.5ghz stable at 1.43 

Custom loop or not I'd run something lower for 24/7, just save your current profile for when you want to push benchmarks and screenies. Make a 1.35v or 1.4v profile or both.

So on my 6850k I have it water cooled as well as the vrm and chipset. my max overclock ended up maxing at 4.43 oN 5 cores and 4.53 on the last one. 1.41v. I would love to have all cores 4.6 but is this even possible to do and to do safely? nothing is overheating or close to yet. I want a higher overclock but only if I can do it safe. Is it just impossible ?

More advanced factors to change maybe..?  4.6ghz would be stable at 1.47v on my cpu which is high. but is there other ways?

I wish I was an expect overclocker...

Sorry. so the only way to overclock is voltage, power settings and multiplier/strap..... no other factors influence ?

1 minute ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Sorry. so the only way to overclock is voltage, power settings and multiplier/strap..... no other factors influence ?

1.3v is the max for your cpu. and no other factors, ram might be another factor. not entirely sure.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz