Youtube only showing quality upto 720p

colonel_mortis
Go to solution Solved by RatedBlam,

Are you using some extension that change youtube like magicactions or youtube center? If you are I think youtube is limiting the quality of non dash formats so you'd nees to enable dash playback if you have it removed @colonel_mortis

For some reason, today none of the videos I've watched on youtube have had a 1080p or original quality option. The videos were all uploaded in 1080p because I checked on a couple of videos I knew were in 1080 and youtube center said they were. However, no quality options over 720p were available on the quality selection menu. I'm using firefox 26a2 (alpha/aurora) and have been for a while but the problem has only started today. Has anyone else had this problem and what browser are you using?

HTTP/2 203

Are you using some extension that change youtube like magicactions or youtube center? If you are I think youtube is limiting the quality of non dash formats so you'd nees to enable dash playback if you have it removed @colonel_mortis

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Nope its fine in chrome

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

Yea, you're right it was youtube center turning off dash playback. That's really annoying because it's so useful to be able to scrub though the video as much as we like. :( Thanks for the help.

HTTP/2 203

Yea, you're right it was youtube center turning off dash playback. That's really annoying because it's so useful to be able to scrub though the video as much as we like. :( Thanks for the help.

Yeah I just hate the decision. Makes me wonder what does google gain from this? Also the guy from youtube center said he's searching for a way to do 1080p w/o dash but he's having some difficulties.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

• 9 months later...

NoScrypt casued for me in firefox nightly.

PC : i7-3820 @ 4.3 GHz | Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 16 GB @ 2133MHz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI Windforce 3X | Gigabyte X79-UD5 | OCZ Vector 128 GB (Died) | WD Black 1TB |  | Asus Xonar DGX | Antch P280 | Asus PA238QR & NEC PA271w | LG 1440x900 Monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Cherry MX Brown) | Corsair M60 | Blue Snowball | Sennheiser HD 439 | IKEA Kitchen Table 

NoScrypt casued for me in firefox nightly.

Please don't reopen dead threads from almost a year ago.

But in Firefox Nightly (well actually FF33+), only videos encoded in the VP9 codec can be played back at anything other than 360p or 720p because Firefox currently only supports DASH in HTML5 video elements for VP9, and not H.264, which most of the videos on YouTube are encoded in. NoScript may break the small number of videos that do support DASH, but many videos won't work even with noscript disabled.

HTTP/2 203