looking for new keyboard, mechanical.. what is the difference with the cherry switches

Kickflapper

what kind of mechanical keyboard should I get i don't really know the difference in switches....ie brown ect

It's completely personal preference. Really, there's no way to know which one you will like without testing them. If you can, go to a store and test keyboards with the different switches. If you cannot do that, you can order switch testers online. 

This is the best place to get an idea for what the differences between the switches are: http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

Personally, I like Browns for a mixture of typing and gaming. I used to use Reds, but I hated typing on them. Clear switches would be my favourite, but they're very uncommon. 

Personal preferences. However, from what I've "heard", the blu ones make more noise than the others, so if you wanna game at 3 am next to your life companion (not the samsung phone :D ), it's probably not the best solution

I am personally leaning toward Black switches myself because I find brown to just be kind of too squishy for my taste... on my switch tester anyway. Reds aren't bad but they simply aren't doing it for me, too stiff.

My personal preference is brown. Coming from only using a laptop any mechanical keyboard is gonna seem way louder, so for me brown hit a nice sweet spot of being tactile, not too noisey and overall a really enjoyable switch.