HELP I LAG IN GAMES ON DECENT SETUP

Lil_Vinnie
Just now, Lil_Vinnie said:

its on single player, and ive tried Wifi and Ethernet, doesnt make a diffirence, and its FPS lag

Is this actual lag or screen tearing? Turning vsync on in your graphics menu may help, otherwise, enabling triple-buffering would release some pressure from your GPU if that is where the problem is occurring.

11 minutes ago, Prolly_dyin said:

Run it in the background. Make sure your cpu temps aren't causing any throttling or anything and that your cpu is running at least base clock speeds.

The results                                   VALUE           MIN                 MAX

Untitled.png

BTW, i am using the stock drive, (just the version the GPU came with and downloaded from site) because the later one doesnt work, or work well

15 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

Is this actual lag or screen tearing? Turning vsync on in your graphics menu may help, otherwise, enabling triple-buffering would release some pressure from your GPU if that is where the problem is occurring.

And its actual lag

And its actual lag

16 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

i dont seem to lose much if any FPS but it freezes 

1 minute ago, Lil_Vinnie said:

i dont seem to lose much if any FPS but it freezes 

You could possibly (although unlikely) be exceeding the frame buffer of the card (?) that is my only possible thought at this point.

Just now, Qwweb said:

You could possibly (although unlikely) be exceeding the frame buffer of the card (?) that is my only possible thought at this point.

well how would i change that, its a good card.

Hmmm. Everything looks like it's running like it should. That is pretty confusing. Overwatch should be pushing 100-120fps on ultra on that setup. I can't speak as much for minecraft. I've run a 6300 with a gtx 970 and that's about what we were getting with Overwatch with no stuttering like that. It has to be something in the OS or a pci-e lane jumping to gen 1 or something random like that. 

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

This is the card i bought 

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGAGBV11060/Gigabyte-GTX1060-3GB-Windforce-OC-Version-Gaming-V

1 minute ago, Prolly_dyin said:

Hmmm. Everything looks like it's running like it should. That is pretty confusing. Overwatch should be pushing 100-120fps on ultra on that setup. I can't speak as much for minecraft. I've run a 6300 with a gtx 970 and that's about what we were getting with Overwatch with no stuttering like that. It has to be something in the OS or a pci-e lane jumping to gen 1 or something random like that. 

1 minute ago, Qwweb said:

That shouldn't be an issue. I may have to think about this one a bit. lol

turning render distances down would make the biggest difference (decreasing the size of each render)

Just now, Prolly_dyin said:

Put on your thinking cap

18 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

turning render distances down would make the biggest difference (decreasing the size of each render)

19 minutes ago, Prolly_dyin said:

is 500W PSU good enought (EVGA)

4 minutes ago, Lil_Vinnie said:

is 500W PSU good enought (EVGA)

should be fine for that type of load (approx 334Watt)

5 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

Ok cool

7 minutes ago, Lil_Vinnie said:

Ok cool

12 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

Ok well i just tried Overwatch in Epic and it didnt go lower then 59FPS ( in a 1v1) minecraft how ever still lags... this was after i changed the ram speed

4 minutes ago, Lil_Vinnie said:

Ok well i just tried Overwatch in Epic and it didnt go lower then 59FPS ( in a 1v1) minecraft how ever still lags... this was after i changed the ram speed

That's still low. You don't have any recording or any resource heavy applications like that running in the background do you? Maybe try to disable Game DVR? Open the XBOX tile under the start menu and go to settings>Game DVR and turn the slider to "off".

open task manager and see if there is anything else sucking up system resources. Also I forget the exact setting but I know the samsung SSD software changes some of the system ram settings, which in result causes memory issues. I forget exactly what it was but I've seen it happen on two computers before where the OS kept saying not enough memory even though the PC had 16GB. This is from a fresh install too, so make sure the SDD has the proper software installed and try one of the other SSD profiles. (I really don't think this is it but got to try everything once to rule things out)

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2016 at 6:10 PM, Shura said:

open task manager and see if there is anything else sucking up system resources. Also I forget the exact setting but I know the samsung SSD software changes some of the system ram settings, which in result causes memory issues. I forget exactly what it was but I've seen it happen on two computers before where the OS kept saying not enough memory even though the PC had 16GB. This is from a fresh install too, so make sure the SDD has the proper software installed and try one of the other SSD profiles. (I really don't think this is it but got to try everything once to rule things out)

Nah didnt help

Did you disable the Xbox services in windows 10 ? If not, do so and check.

2 hours ago, Lil_Vinnie said:

Nah didnt help

Use DDU in safe mode to Uninstall your graphics drivers, then reinstall the latest one from the site. Once done restart your pc and follow the steps below. 

Change your system settings:
1. Navigate to Control Panel
2. Search and click System
3. Go to Advanced System Settings
4. Go to the Advanced tab
5. Click on the settings button under the Performance tab
6. Go to the Advanced tab
7. Click on Change under the Virtual Memory tab
8. Uncheck "Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives"

If you still have issues after those steps, take a picture of hwmonitor and gpu-z while the game is running. For hwmonitor, make sure cpu utilization and gpu info is visible in the picture. For gpu-z, be on the "sensors" tab for the picture: also make sure the games are visible in the background when you take the picture and not minimized. 

2 hours ago, Lil_Vinnie said:

Nah didnt help

Lag as in fps drops? Try going into your bios and disabling AMD Turbo Core, and APM, then try playing your games and see if you get the same stutters/ fps drops.