Cooler Master 212X or Akasa Venom Voodoo? (LGA 1151 doubt)

Well, I'm making a new build and have some doubts about CPU cooling.

My current build (the relevant parts, at least) consists of an Intel I7-3770K (LGA 1155), mounted on an ASUS P8H77-M Pro; I'm currently using an Akasa Venom Voodoo to cool the CPU. It's about 4 years old.

I will upgrade to an I7-6700K (LGA 1151) mounted on an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. My doubt is if the Akasa Venom Voodoo would fit the new motherboard and cpu – since there's no description about LGA 1151 in the manufacturer's info (probably because there were no LGA1151 parts back then? idk) – or should I replace it with a Cooler Master Hyper 212X?

I'm not interested in overclocking it or anything, I just would like to keep the Akasa Venom Voodoo because of its looks, as I find the Hyper 212X sort of unappealing.

Tl;dr: 4-year old Akasa Venom Voodoo fits LGA1151? Is it worth to keep using a 4-year old CPU fan instead of a brand new Hyper 212X?

Also, just ran a 10-min stress test on AIDA: CPU cores 1-4 temperatures averaged between 60-65º, CPU temperature at ~55º (Room temperature ~28º).

Thanks in advance for any info.

1 minute ago, Hankse said:

Well, I'm making a new build and have some doubts about CPU cooling.

My current build (the relevant parts, at least) consists of an Intel I7-3770K (LGA 1155), mounted on an ASUS P8H77-M Pro; I'm currently using an Akasa Venom Voodoo to cool the CPU. It's about 4 years old.

I will upgrade to an I7-6700K (LGA 1151) mounted on an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. My doubt is if the Akasa Venom Voodoo would fit the new motherboard and cpu – since there's no description about LGA 1151 in the manufacturer's info (probably because there were no LGA1151 parts back then? idk) – or should I replace it with a Cooler Master Hyper 212X?

I'm not interested in overclocking it or anything, I just would like to keep the Akasa Venom Voodoo because of its looks, as I find the Hyper 212X sort of unappealing.

Tl;dr: 4-year old Akasa Venom Voodoo fits LGA1151? Is it worth to keep using a 4-year old CPU fan instead of a brand new Hyper 212X?

Also, just ran a 10-min stress test on AIDA: CPU cores 1-4 temperatures averaged between 60-65º, CPU temperature at ~55º (Room temperature ~28º).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Any cooler than fits on LGA 115x will work for any socket with those follow first three numbers. Its like that for stock intel heatsinks too.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

also you can always replace CPU fans, just check to see if you actually can,

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000