Custom WaterCooled 650D FINALLY Complete! Well, for now... ;-)

Jimstah25

Ok guys so I've finally finished my first ever PC build, and I must say it has come further than I first anticipated I now understand by what they say "Once u start water-cooling it'll never end" lol. I have had a lot of fun in researching every single component I used in this build before purchase, with much thanks going to Linus and his team! I didn't know anything about building a computer a year ago let alone how to water-cool one, until June of last year I stumbled across LinusTechTips and became intrigued with the performance a PC had over consoles. With much shame I must admit I have been a console gamer my whole life, I just never knew enough about computers and tech, though that has all now changed. So here is my rig, hope u enjoy seeing the progress and end result as much as I did in building and creating it!

Any comments, suggestions, criticism for the better will be all kindly welcomed. Cheers! =D

Here are a few quick pics of the completed system, full album progress is below. Album appears in reverse order.

FrozenQ Fusion Dual Bay Res.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n4969[/ATTACH]

Custom made vinyl wrapped acrylic panels.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n4693[/ATTACH]

View full album here

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Jimstah25/library/My%20First%20PC%20Build?page=1

System Specs:

Build:

Case - Corsair Obsidian 650D

PSU - Corsair AX 750

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth Z77

CPU - Intel i5 3570K 0C to 4.4GHz @ 1.24v -0.03 offset (Temps 60-65C with 30C ambient)

RAM - 16GB (4x4GB) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer @ 1600MHz CL8 8-8-8-24 1.5v

GPU - Asus Geforce GTX 670 Direct CUII OC +150MHz core +100MHz vram +5% on power target.

SoundCard - Asus Xonar Essence STX

Headset - Sennheiser PC 350's

Boot SSD - 128GB Samsung 830

SteamDrive - 256GB Samsung 840 Pro

MediaStorage - 9TB. 3x3TB WD Red series drives in RAID 0. Backed up to home server when completed soon.

FanController - Lamptron FC5 4 Channel

Wiring - Corsair White AX 750 Replacement cable kit.

Lighting - Phobya LED strips 60cm x 3 cut to length as needed.

Fans - 3x120mm Silverstone AP on radiators.

- 1x140mm Gellid Wing as intake on modded section.

- 1x200mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro as Intake on front.

Peripherals

Monitor - Samsung S27B970D PLS 2560x1440

Keyboard - Corsair K90

Mouse - Corsair M60

MousePad - Razer Goliathius

Water cooling

CPU Block - Koolance CPU-380i

Front Bay Res - FrozenQ Fusion Dual Bay Res

Radiators - 1x120 + 1x240mm XSPC EX series

Tubing - Primochill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT

Pumps - 2x Koolance MCP655 (D5) both with mod kit and pump tops fitted.

Coolant in CPU loop - Koolance clear high performance liquid coolant

Coolant in dual 150mm res loop - Mayhems Aurora Extinction Green

Dual 150mm resaviours are Bitspower.

All fittings are Bitspower Silver Shining Compressions.

Mods

140mm whole cut out underneath where original HDD cage would sit with a 140mm fan fitted as an intake.

Nine custom made acrylic panels wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl and placed accordingly throughout case to enhance aesthetics and cleanliness.

Carbon vinyl wrapped side panels.

Forgive me if there's anything I've missed. Any doubts feel free to ask!

Sounds like a great build! I hope there are going to be some pics???

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Also, you know that the mayhems Aurora will lose its epicness after a while because it is just meant for show. (Meaning you will need to refill that loop after a while.)

Uploading pictures here is a bit tricky, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, try uploading them elsewhere then use the following code:

imagelink

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Cheers mate, yeah when I made this post I had 85 pics that I re-sized to upload and everything lol, noob forum poster me. Gotta sort this out ASAP!

Also, you know that the mayhems Aurora will lose its epicness after a while because it is just meant for show. (Meaning you will need to refill that loop after a while.)
Oh right ok then, I didn't know that though thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it. Tis' pretty cool stuff none the less!

yeah and aurora doesnt work well if u have a drainage system.... but its still cool.,... use it for awhile in my previous build before

Hey mate managed to get some pictures sorted.. :)

That is absolutely STUNNING! I love how you have crammed as much stuff in as possible and still managed to make it look tidy when the side panel is on :D

I like the color scheme very nice.
ThankYou! I went with the blue and green colour scheme to represent the Intel and Nvidia components it is based around. Appreciate the view!

That is absolutely STUNNING! I love how you have crammed as much stuff in as possible and still managed to make it look tidy when the side panel is on :D
ThankYou very much! Yeah it was tricky getting some of the watercooling gear in around the 2nd pump as my hands aren't the smallest lol. I did try and make it as interesting as possible, the 650D is a great size case for what I had in mind. Am happy with how things turned out in the end. Next thing I'll be doing is selling my 670 and buying one with a reference PCB so that I can add a waterblock to it. Then it should be complete, I hope lol.

Just had my mind blown. THIS IS AWESOME! Great job!

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Just had my mind blown. THIS IS AWESOME! Great job!
Haha cheers mate, my full album which goes into more detail of the build progress will hopefully be back up today sometime. Servers are down atm apparently. Will post link again when they're back online. :) Thanks for the nice comment!

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

Cheers for the awesome link mate!! Very interesting.

Wow, nice update, love the way you've done the lighting!

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Wow, nice update, love the way you've done the lighting!
Thanks mate, the LED's do appear more pink then what they are, something to do with the camera, though I'm no camera guru lol. Thanks for taking the time to check it out! :)

Just a quick update, I've ordered the Nikel version of EK's FC670 GTX DCII GPU waterblock to fit on my Asus gfx card. Will be posting some pictures of it plus the installation once it arrives and I have time from work to install it. Really can't wait, am super excited as this is one of the last things I have in mind to complete my build!

Livestream worthy for sure. I salivated more than a little watching the video of this rig in the full album...

Livestream worthy for sure. I salivated more than a little watching the video of this rig in the full album...
Haha cheers mate preciate the view! Yeah I would be very happy if it were to get featured on Live Stream! =D I am going to be uploading another video this afternoon of it with the side panel removed. Will be up in about an hr from now.

Just another update msg here guys, I have received pretty much half of the components for my next build which will be in the Bitfenix Prodigy. The plan is to build a Windows Home Server running WHS 2011. Will be running with a dedicated RAID controller and 5x3TB WD Red drives in raid 5 for a 12TB server config! Stay tuned.

Nice build would love to do a similar build one day XD

Thanks mate! Yeah make sure you do, this was my first and I enjoyed it a lot. Is nice to use something that you designed and built yourself.