Best low profile ddr3-2400 ram question

I was looking to upgrade my ram from corsair xms 1333 16gb ram to 2400 16gb ram. I have coolermaster hyper 212 plus CPU cooler and want feedback on best low height 2400 ram sticks please. Typing from iPhone too so forgive grammar please.

Honestly, any set of CL9 1600MHz memory will get the job done however as to your request: I'd go with G.Skill TridentX. You can unscrew the top to keep it low profile. (Also, for aesthetics, dat black PCB)

article_img.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

As long as you don't have an AMD APU having such fast RAM is totally unnecessary

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Almost all major-ish brands.

Corsair Vengence Pro

HyperX

Kingston

Some are higher profiles than your wishes desire

for that check out the:

-low profile corsair dominator, very high performance, price, low facor

or the good 'old crusial ones.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I was wanting to upgrade honestly for BF4 as I game @5760x1080 and looks like definite improvement with ram. Of course I'm going to play before making purchase to see how it is but will prob upg it and wanted input.

Why do you want to spend money on useless 2400mhz ram?

For bf4 I'd get only 1866mhz ram 

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

If you want true low profile..

13.jpg

Crucial Tactical LP. Not only is the heatspreader low profile, but the PCB itself is smaller. All other "low profile" kits out there are standard size, these are actual low profile.

Crucial Ballistixs Sport for the smallest RAM out there!

172344.jpg

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

G.Skill Ares is always option if you want to keep it to budget ;)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

For any game, speed of ram will do very little. MAYBE 1-3 FPS, id be shocked if its even that. If you really insist on going for better ram, you would be better of getting some 1600mhz, CL8 or CL7 ram. I have used that cooler on soooo many builds and can tell you that unless its scary tall ram, it will fit. No real need for super small DIMMs. If you are using push/pull even, it should be fine. What are your other specs? Your money is more then likely better spent somewhere else on your build.

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

And yes the graph does make sense, seeing as it is going to run in full 64-bit mode, but even still, with the money for "faster" RAM you could put it somewhere else and benefit in every game, not just BF4.

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

For any game, speed of ram will do very little. MAYBE 1-3 FPS, id be shocked if its even that. If you really insist on going for better ram, you would be better of getting some 1600mhz, CL8 or CL7 ram. I have used that cooler on soooo many builds and can tell you that unless its scary tall ram, it will fit. No real need for super small DIMMs. If you are using push/pull even, it should be fine. What are your other specs? Your money is more then likely better spent somewhere else on your build.

Here are my specs below:

Intel i7 2700k O'Cd 4.6 MHz

Asus ROG Maximus V Extreme

Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus

EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ tri sli

16 gig corsair xms3 ram

240 gig OCZ Agility 3 SSD

1 TB western digital hdd caviar black

2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Creative sound blaster x-fi titanium sound card

Samsung 1080p 2333t LCD accessory monitor

Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor x3 in 2d surround

Razer naga mmo mouse

Razer Blackwidow ultimatekeyboard

Klipsch Pro media 2.1 with sub sound audio system

Corsair AX Gold 1200psu

Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower ATX Gaming Computer Case

Here are my specs below:

Intel i7 2700k O'Cd 4.6 MHz

Asus ROG Maximus V Extreme

Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus

EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ tri sli

16 gig corsair xms3 ram

240 gig OCZ Agility 3 SSD

1 TB western digital hdd caviar black

2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Creative sound blaster x-fi titanium sound card

Samsung 1080p 2333t LCD accessory monitor

Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor x3 in 2d surround

Razer naga mmo mouse

Razer Blackwidow ultimatekeyboard

Klipsch Pro media 2.1 with sub sound audio system

Corsair AX Gold 1200psu

Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower ATX Gaming Computer Case

Well then, now i see why the RAM was the only thing you were going to upgrade :P then i would recommend the G Skill Trident X, these ones in particular. They are CL8 so that alone makes them great but on top of that they are 1866 so thats even nicer. Just take off the tops of them and your set to go. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231623

Well then, now i see why the RAM was the only thing you were going to upgrade :P then i would recommend the G Skill Trident X, these ones in particular. They are CL8 so that alone makes them great but on top of that they are 1866 so thats even nicer. Just take off the tops of them and your set to go.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231623

Why not 2400 vs 1866 ram?

Because you have to pay a stupid premium for it, when really its not faster, when the clock speeds are increased the timings go to hell, it basically cancels eachother out unless your on an APU platform. Just now thinking of this also, the memory controller on the Sandy Bridge chip-set my not even let you get to 2400mhz on RAM when your overclocked that high on your CPU. I know at least on Haswell, if your that high, 1866 is all your even able to get to, 2133 if your lucky. Besides, having good timings will pay off just as much as frequency, maybe even more. Regardless with this RAM upgrade, on triple monitor you may see like a 5 fps difference best case scenario. Also I believe i know already, but are your 680's the 4gb models?

Because you have to pay a stupid premium for it, when really its not faster, when the clock speeds are increased the timings go to hell, it basically cancels eachother out unless your on an APU platform. Just now thinking of this also, the memory controller on the Sandy Bridge chip-set my not even let you get to 2400mhz on RAM when your overclocked that high on your CPU. I know at least on Haswell, if your that high, 1866 is all your even able to get to, 2133 if your lucky. Besides, having good timings will pay off just as much as frequency, maybe even more. Regardless with this RAM upgrade, on triple monitor you may see like a 5 fps difference best case scenario. Also I believe i know already, but are your 680's the 4gb models?

Thanks for that info and yea the 4gb cards