What case fans should I buy for define R5 case?

revraw

Here's my future build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/quasinero/saved/#view=PXD23C and it will get a second gtx 1080 later.

Based on fractal design website, define R5 will have only two fans.

• Front: 2 – 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
  • Rear: 1 – 120/140 mm fan (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)

Should I buy extra fans? Should I replace the included fans with aftermarket ones? If so, then what fans? something like noctua nf-A14 PWM?( I have no idea.)

I want it to be silent. I will be overclocking it with one click overclock provided by Asus mobo. And should I get a third fan for noctua NH-D15? Will it make fans to spin at lower RPMs and produce less noise?

Go for the NF-A14s, but you don't need to replace the existing fans. Make sure so keep a positve airpressure though, or dust might get into your case.

And also, a third fan for D15 is pretty useless.

Just now, FTL said:

Go for the NF-F14s, but you don't need to replace the existing fans. Make sure so keep a positve airpressure though, or dust might get into your case.

And also, a third fan for D15 is pretty useless.

Could you show me NF-F14 link? I can't find it by googling. Also, how many do I need in addition to 2 included fans? And they need to be 140mm right?

Also the included fans are not PWM and wouldn't noctuas be less noisy?

21 minutes ago, revraw said:

Here's my future build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/quasinero/saved/#view=PXD23C and it will get a second gtx 1080 later.

Based on fractal design website, define R5 will have only two fans.

• Front: 2 – 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
  • Rear: 1 – 120/140 mm fan (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)

Should I buy extra fans? Should I replace the included fans with aftermarket ones? If so, then what fans? something like noctua nf-A14 PWM?( I have no idea.)

I want it to be silent. I will be overclocking it with one click overclock provided by Asus mobo. And should I get a third fan for noctua NH-D15? Will it make fans to spin at lower RPMs and produce less noise?

Your stock setup will be fine. when you get SLI you will want more exhaust airflow. I would recommend a setup like 2 140's in the front and 2 140's rear/top to deal with increased GPU heat.

9 minutes ago, revraw said:

Could you show me NF-F14 link? I can't find it by googling. Also, how many do I need in addition to 2 included fans? And they need to be 140mm right?

Pretty sure the included fans are PWM. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608044&cm_re=noctua_140mm-_-35-608-044-_-Product

Typo: NF-A14

26 minutes ago, revraw said:

it will get a second gtx 1080 later

27 minutes ago, revraw said:

Should I buy extra fans?

na

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I added a second Fractal Design GP14 for the intake on my Define R5. Works well enough with a single overclocked R9 290.

1 minute ago, FTL said:

Pretty sure the included fans are PWM.

No, they are 3-pin.

11 minutes ago, revraw said:

They are 3-pin so no pwm, but the case has a 3-port fan controller (3 speed, turtle, normal and full. you can start hearing the fans on full speed, but my gpu is a lot louder than them.)
on turtle speed they move enough air to cool the system, especially if you have the cpu fans blowing towards the rear exhaust.

35 minutes ago, revraw said:

I have 1060 3GB EVGA. i have 2X 140mm front and one 120mm rear; im quite happy right now but it is coming up tto NZ summer and i am concerned because i do not have a fan on my AMD-FX 8120 with a Z600 passive cooler. Had a hot day  today and i tested my rig; PWM fans set to go 100% never fully blasted over one second of duration running dying light at full spec

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

I have 1060 3GB EVGA. i have 2X 140mm front and one 120mm rear; im quite happy right now but it is coming up tto NZ summer and i am concerned because i do not have a fan on my AMD-FX 8120 with a Z600 passive cooler. Had a hot day  today and i tested my rig; PWM fans set to go 100% never fully blasted over one second of duration running dying light at full spec

Summers are pretty hot here too, it gets to 31C(87.8F) in my room at summer.

8 minutes ago, FTL said:

So basically, In case I want to replace fans and add one more, I need 3 NF-A14's(2 intakes, 1 exhaust?) and

13 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Your stock setup will be fine. when you get SLI you will want more exhaust airflow. I would recommend a setup like 2 140's in the front and 2 140's rear/top to deal with increased GPU heat.

when I add a second card, I will need to buy another one.

22 minutes ago, revraw said:

Summers are pretty hot here too, it gets to 31C(87.8F) in my room at summer.

Its approx 10C hotter over there but you do not have the humidity!

I think you might have a good case for water cooling over air cooling; better than anywhere else in the world. i am a staunch opponent to water cooling down here in NZ coz there is no benefit; but over there; i think you have nothing but to benefit

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I recently set up an R5 system. I moved the rear fan to the front as I wanted to cool a load of drive bays. I did originally try replacing the fronts with a pair of Noctua 140mm fans I had from before, but I couldn't get them to fit. I think they're slightly thicker than the Fractal fans so the screws didn't make it. Maybe it would if I took off the rubber mounts but I didn't try that. So for now I have the original two fans in front, and a single Noctua in the rear, nothing on top.

The two front fans I put on the case's built in controller and they seem to work well and quietly.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Yeah I'm not sure you have to ditch the included fans. Noctua NF-A14s may be a little quieter, but the airflow should be the same. Maybe buy one A14 and test it yourself.