UDP/TCIP Connection

CGameDev

I am working on this project, a part of it requires the client and the server to communicate. The server is located off site on a system that has a static IP so its not a problem communicating with the server but the server cant communicate with the client.

can anyone help me with a solution to this issue?

50 minutes ago, xiiijamaican said:

I am working on this project, a part of it requires the client and the server to communicate. The server is located off site on a system that has a static IP so its not a problem communicating with the server but the server cant communicate with the client.

can anyone help me with a solution to this issue?

If the client can talk to the server then it must be some firewall blocking out bound connections.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

If the client can talk to the server then it must be some firewall blocking out bound connections.

so If is it that the client get bind to the server's IP address so replying from the server is not a prob? cause I am wondering how does the server sees the client's private IP to reply to it.

12 hours ago, xiiijamaican said:

so If is it that the client get bind to the server's IP address so replying from the server is not a prob? cause I am wondering how does the server sees the client's private IP to reply to it.

If you're doing client server communication why not just open up an api endpoint on the server? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 11/23/2016 at 0:25 AM, xiiijamaican said:

Typically the external server, assuming you are going via the Internet, will see an incoming packet from your external ip address on a specific port (i.e. From your modem/router). The server sends the reply to that ip+port combination, which is then forwarded to you by your router.

Look up "NAT" for specifics.

Of course, if you set up a vpn to the server then you can communicate with it via your internal network.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II