Dual Xeon, SLI Titan X, NVME, Water Cooled Workstation Build

sysfailur
On 11/21/2016 at 2:43 PM, sysfailur said:

Here's the new build specs:

Supermicro X10DAX

(2) x Xeon 2630 V4 ES w/ 3.1ghz max turbo (10 core each)

(4) x Black Diamond 32GB DDR4 2400 ECC Registered (128gb)

(2) x Titan X 12GB

Plextor 1TB NVME PCI-E 4x w/ heat spreader (similar to the Intel 750 but n$400 less)

1TB Mushkin being transfered

1200w Corsair being transfered

Lian Li PC-V1000LB (basically the same case as what I had but the updated version)

Soundblaster Z (been ages since I got a sound card so I figured I'd give it a go)

Cooling Setup:

(2) x EK Supremacy Nickel Acetal

Alphacool Eisbrecher Pro XT45 360mm Rad

Alphacool Eisbrecher Pro XT45 240mm Rad

(2) x Alphacool NxXxos GPX Titan X Block

Heatkiller Tube 150 Basic

Alphacool Black Compression fittings in straight and 90

(2) x Alphacool VPP655 PWM D5 Pump for redundancy

This is going to be crazy......like you could of bought a car crazy.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

This is going to be crazy......like you could of bought a car crazy.

I do not need a car but my aging system did need an upgrade.  I was pushing an X58 and i7 930 prior to this from 2009.  So far so good but I swear I wish SLI and DOOM would work properly.  Everything is humming along nicely otherwise.

11 hours ago, sysfailur said:

I do not need a car but my aging system did need an upgrade.  I was pushing an X58 and i7 930 prior to this from 2009.  So far so good but I swear I wish SLI and DOOM would work properly.  Everything is humming along nicely otherwise.

Least you squeezed the system long as you could, and sorry but SLI is only going to get worse, not better.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

4 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

Least you squeezed the system long as you could, and sorry but SLI is only going to get worse, not better.

Many games do run wonderfully with it but Doom is one of my favorites right now and it certainly isn't working as it should.  I had seen a thread on reddit that someone got special beta drivers that allowed for SLI to work properly.  Would be nice if those were distributed.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I apologise for digging up an older thread here, I was wondering how the performance on the alphacool gpu block things? i've got a few titan Xs i'd like to cool myself and was wondering if these are any good

current rig: Xeon W-3175X at 4.7GHz all core 1.25v and 3200MHz cache, EVGA SR3 Dark, 48gb of tridentZ 4133 Cl19 (A0 PCB) running 4000MHz 16 16 16 34 1T, 6900XT aorus master with an EK waterblock, 1440mm custom loop, corsair HX1500i, 2x256gb 7600P raid 0(boot), 6.4tb samsung PMPM1725 for games and general storage, Lian Li V3000 plus (not super duper happy with this in all honesty), main monitor is a 27" koorui 1440p 240hz thing, and then 3 secondary 1920x1200 60hz panels one left one right and one above