When to buy BF3?

Giddyguy
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Wait for premium edition to come to sale -25/50%. It may happen even so close as BF4 launch day.

So, this week I will be updating my computer and will finally be able to run BF3 decently. I know BF4 is pretty much out but I don't have the money for a new rig to play that game (plus im going off to college next year) and I want to move on from Bad Company 2. So my question is should I buy the game now ($20 on Origin, $40 for Premium Edition) or do you guys think it will go on sale in the winter (black friday, cyber monday, etc). Also, do you think there still will be a lot of people playing on the servers now that BF4 is here? Thanks.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

If your PC can run BF3, it can run BF4

unfortunately it won't, i am looking at low/med 30fps. i have some pretty dated hardware :(

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

unfortunately it won't, i am looking at low/med 30fps. i have some pretty dated hardware :(

What are your specs, maybe you wanna save up for better stuff and then buy games you can actually enjoy playing? The difference between BF3 and BF4 isn't a lot seriously, you might as well go for the BF4.

Wait for premium edition to come to sale -25/50%. It may happen even so close as BF4 launch day.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What pc you have?

Do you think the premium edition will really come down by that much?

What are your specs, maybe you wanna save up for better stuff and then buy games you can actually enjoy playing? The difference between BF3 and BF4 isn't a lot seriously, you might as well go for the BF4.

What pc you have?

When i mean dated, I really meant dated. I have a C2D E7400(will OC) with a HD5750(will OC) and 4gbs 800mgz ram. The only reason i will be able to run BF3 is because my monitor resolution is 1440X900 :( . So you see there really is no point in investing money into this. And getting a whole new system is not worth it right now.

Delltopia

just get bf4 and if you gotta run at low setting so be it...al least you'll be playing something that lots of people are on...I mean ppl will still be playing bf3 but still.

oc the cpu oc the gpu and you should be ok...

I was running bf3 off one 4870 at times, granted I had a C2Q and 8gig ram...but you should be able to play it at least I would think ok

I mean you could prolly even buy a used cpu and ram for cheap cheap cheap.....if you can get a quad and ram do it...ebay is your friend

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

just get bf4 and if you gotta run at low setting so be it...al least you'll be playing something that lots of people are on...I mean ppl will still be playing bf3 but still.

oc the cpu oc the gpu and you should be ok...

I was running bf3 off one 4870 at times, granted I had a C2Q and 8gig ram...but you should be able to play it at least I would think ok

I really don't think BF4 will run at atleast 30fps at my native resolution (1440x900) even at low settings so I don't really want to pay ~$45 for it. I wish games had demos so you could test your hardware!  :rolleyes:

As for your case, a Q6600 is a quad core, which Battlefield reportedly leveraged, plus the 4870 is more powerful than a 5750.  ;)

I also really don't want to put any more money onto this pc because BF3 will be the last game I buy for pc before i go to college. I have some other games lined up that already run well currently and a lot of my time next year will be spent playing madden 25 on my xbox.  :lol:

thanks for replying tho!

Delltopia

So, this week I will be updating my computer and will finally be able to run BF3 decently. I know BF4 is pretty much out but I don't have the money for a new rig to play that game (plus im going off to college next year) and I want to move on from Bad Company 2. So my question is should I buy the game now ($20 on Origin, $40 for Premium Edition) or do you guys think it will go on sale in the winter (black friday, cyber monday, etc). Also, do you think there still will be a lot of people playing on the servers now that BF4 is here? Thanks.

I will never actually leave bf3 along with a lot of people, we will lose slowly and slowly but if you stay with us and rank up then we promise not to rape you when your a lv1 noob and everyone else has been playing for years 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Do you think the premium edition will really come down by that much?

It has been so low already in previous sales. Premium Edition is game+premium content so its cheaper than buying two apart. That decition from EA has made those who bought Premium day one very angry. If you caught BF3 from Humble bundle then just Premium content will be enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I really don't think BF4 will run at atleast 30fps at my native resolution (1440x900) even at low settings so I don't really want to pay ~$45 for it. I wish games had demos so you could test your hardware!  :rolleyes:

As for your case, a Q6600 is a quad core, which Battlefield reportedly leveraged, plus the 4870 is more powerful than a 5750.  ;)

I also really don't want to put any more money onto this pc because BF3 will be the last game I buy for pc before i go to college. I have some other games lined up that already run well currently and a lot of my time next year will be spent playing madden 25 on my xbox.  :lol:

thanks for replying tho!

Play on 720p res,games still look great at that res.

It has been so low already in previous sales. Premium Edition is game+premium content so its cheaper than buying two apart. That decition from EA has made those who bought Premium day one very angry. If you caught BF3 from Humble bundle then just Premium content will be enough.

yea i should have bought the humble bundle, it was a good one! but at the time my comp wouldn't have been able to play those games. Oh well. I think i will just wait for the holiday season and just buy it then. I really don't see the price of the game going up now with bf4 out.

Delltopia

I think you should be able to run BF4 since it has the scaling option or whatever it is.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/02/battlefield-4s-impressive-resolution-scale-option-planned-to-appear-in-more-frostbite-3-games/

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I think you should be able to run BF4 since it has the scaling option or whatever it is.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/02/battlefield-4s-impressive-resolution-scale-option-planned-to-appear-in-more-frostbite-3-games/

wow that's pretty cool,haven't heard of it before. Darn I should have tried the beta. I still wish there was a demo tho!

Delltopia

lol from the title i thought this would be a thread about the OP complaining how BF4 is so identical to BF3 :P. glad i was wrong :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Do you want a BF3 code? I can give you it :)

Still got it from the Origin Humble Bundle thingie

really you would do that?! that would save me some good money, thank you!

Delltopia

lol from the title i thought this would be a thread about the OP complaining how BF4 is so identical to BF3 :P. glad i was wrong :)

yea I wanted to change it but don't know how.

Delltopia

I have had the computer to play BF3 decently since launch I believe and I have yet to play it once.  2 copies of the game and some DLC but haven't bothered to play it cuz I could never get my son to play it so OP maybe sometime we can jump into the game and play together.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

yea I wanted to change it but don't know how.

You can change the title by clikcing edit post(below the space where u write) and then u go down there again and clikc full editor and you can change the title too

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

BF4 with all DLC  ... $109.90 plus tax maybe in some instances for a game that comes out every year.  It is just ridiculous.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

BF4 does require a little more grunt from the CPU but in general if you can run bf3, you'll be alright in bf4. BF3's playerbase will drop off sharpish at the end of this week.

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

BF4 with all DLC  ... $109.90 plus tax maybe in some instances for a game that comes out every year.  It is just ridiculous.

Wow i must have missed the BF game that came out last year....what was it?

Your point? I bought BF3 and Premium separetly. Now they are sold as pack which is pretty much same price as retail was at launch. So I have paid ~45€+22€ for my game and premium. So anyone buying that pack now gets it min 15€ cheaper than me. Its fact that all games are expensive at launch and go cheaper after time. BF4 premium is gonna be cheaper when its bought about 6 months from now.

On second point I can fetch quote where DICE says they aren't gonna make BF every year. Last years BF was bunch of DLCs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv