Wait for Kaby Lake?

Hi everyone

Just wanting to know if i suspend ordering parts for a build until Kaby Lake comes out?

Will it be worth it to use 7th gen but waiting a few months or even wait for AMD Zen?

Thanks

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Wait for their release and buy Skylake. Good plan if you wanna spend less

Will 6th gen still be usable for the next 2/3 years though? And will Kaby lake support LGA1151 socket?

Just now, Turtleloverdyl said:

Will 6th gen still be usable for the next 2/3 years though?

Yeah, most likely. 

1 minute ago, Turtleloverdyl said:

And will Kaby lake support LGA1151 socket?

I have no idea :P 

3 hours ago, Turtleloverdyl said:

Will 6th gen still be usable for the next 2/3 years though? And will Kaby lake support LGA1151 socket?

I would say yes. Processors haven't been advancing as fast as GPU's these days. Many people are stillusing 4-5 year old CPU's on modern gaming PC's. 

And I'd be willing to bet Kaby Lake will still support 1151 because they just moved from 1150 to 1151 for skylake and they usually don't phase out a socket type so soon. Lots of people (like me) would be pissed they bought a Mobo that was only good for one year. Plus Skylake and Kaby Lake are both 14nm so there's no problems there. From what I understand, Kaby Lake is just going to be the new die  from Skylake but now more refined and fully utilized with a new microarchitecture. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Intel has ever used a new socket on the "tock" of their tick-tock cycle (tick=die shrink, tock=new microarchitecture)

This Thread further enforces my belief that it's not worth waiting for Kaby

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

im 95% sure that kaby lake will support lga 1151 socket type. and cpu's (at least in my experience) aren't a thorn in my side until well after my gpu gets replaced. so you should be fine with skylake for several years. people all over this forum are rocking 3770k's still or the like. Id wait at this point for kaby lake and depending on the actual performance benchmarks, take it from there and see if its worth it to you or not.
personally, a 6700k is an absolute beast, with 4 cores 8 threads and just barely misses the 5 ghz mark with OC. If that isn't enough for you in 2-3 years, then you probably should've gone for x99 originally.