Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 vs Asus Maximus VIII Hero?

I'm gonna build a new Gaming rig soon (and mild editing.) 

I will repurpose my old GTX 960, and i'll buy a 6600K and some RAM.

What i'm wondering is, should i get the Sabertooth for it's warranty and cooling, or the Hero for it's overclocking? 

(keep in mind i'm not a fantastic overclocker)

The other specs are below V.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-VLK - CPU: Intel i5-3570k - GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB - RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 8GB - PSU: CMRS750ACAA-E3 - Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracude HDD - Case: CM 690 II - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

i'm using comic sans ironically

You should save your money and get an i7-6700 if you can't afford the K version. i7-6700 > 6600K and the build cost is around the same unless you buy a very expensive cooler & mobo for the 6600k

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

17 minutes ago, O_Bedstew said:

What i'm wondering is, should i get the Sabertooth for it's warranty and cooling, or the Hero for it's overclocking? 

I think the ROG board is higher class as only their WS boards are close, ROG, even the cheap ones, are leaps and bounds ahead of their offerings in terms of features, and the components are also pretty decent, great VRMs too. Both have awesome cooling, 

Yours faithfully

1 hour ago, O_Bedstew said:

Both these board have very similar vrms so that's not an issue. 

But the Hero differs from the sabertooth as it offers more overclocking features. Like that post code LED. A good feature for overclocking but its missing on the Sabertooth. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Both these board have very similar vrms so that's not an issue. 

But the Hero differs from the sabertooth as it offers more overclocking features. Like that post code LED. A good feature for overclocking but its missing on the Sabertooth. 

the postcode is making me think the ROG, but the fans are making me think sabertooth. do the mobo fans actually help?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-VLK - CPU: Intel i5-3570k - GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB - RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 8GB - PSU: CMRS750ACAA-E3 - Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracude HDD - Case: CM 690 II - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

You should save your money and get an i7-6700 if you can't afford the K version. i7-6700 > 6600K and the build cost is around the same unless you buy a very expensive cooler & mobo for the 6600k

i dont need the power of the 6700K (but if i can afford it i'll probably get it)

Just now, O_Bedstew said:

the postcode is making me think the ROG, but the fans are making me think sabertooth. do the mobo fans actually help?

Yea, moving air across components always keeps them cooler. But its fine for either boards with or without fans since they have excellent circuitry. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

5 minutes ago, O_Bedstew said:

i dont need the power of the 6700K (but if i can afford it i'll probably get it)

Get the i7-6700 + H170/B150 board instead, you'll pay the same as for the 6600K system and you'll have a faster CPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

15 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Get the i7-6700 + H170/B150 board instead, you'll pay the same as for the 6600K system and you'll have a faster CPU.

after a bit of thinking, i'll probably get the Maximus.