WHAT SHOULD I BUY FIRST?

aydamo

I want to build a computer for rendering or video editing, but my mind don't know what should i buy first. Is it the motherboard? and what type of motherboard? then is it the ram? 8gb? 16gb? ddr2,3,4? then processor, is it i3? i5? i7? etc? then video card? bit? gb?  Please help and suggests something. Don't think about the budget, just reply your suggestions :) Thankyou!

1 minute ago, Renz Julian said:

I want to build a computer for rendering or video editing, but my mind don't know what should i buy first. Is it the motherboard? and what type of motherboard? then is it the ram? 8gb? 16gb? ddr2,3,4? then processor, is it i3? i5? i7? etc? then video card? bit? gb?  Please help and suggests something. Don't think about the budget, just reply your suggestions :) Thankyou!

i7-6800K

GTX1060 6Gb or GTX1070

16GB DDR4 2133mhz RAM

X99 Motherboard

2 minutes ago, Renz Julian said:

I want to build a computer for rendering or video editing, but my mind don't know what should i buy first.

buy all at same time. no point buying, saving, waiting etc. unless something is on sale, then buy

3 minutes ago, BenoitWW said:

buy all at same time. no point buying, saving, waiting etc. unless something is on sale, then buy

Thanks for the advice :)

17 minutes ago, Renz Julian said:

CPU:Intel Core i7 6700k

GPU:GTX 1060 4GB Version

RAM:16GB DDR4 2400MHZ

HDD:WD 2tb Black 

SSD:Samsung Evo etc.

MoBo:Asus Z170 ROG Gaming or Asus Z170 Deluxe

Cooler:Corsair H100i

PSU:EVGA 800 watts

Case:I'm not a case fan but find on in pcpartpicker.com...

I think you should buy first the GPU and MoBo CPU and other

22 minutes ago, Renz Julian said:

Your budget is very important for this. If it allows you would want to go with an X99 platform, the 6900 or even 6950x if you could since that you're doing would benefit from the extra cores. And 64 gb of ram. Again thats if this is solely for editing and rendering and you have a huge budget.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

30 minutes ago, Moress said:

Your budget is very important for this. If it allows you would want to go with an X99 platform, the 6900 or even 6950x if you could since that you're doing would benefit from the extra cores. And 64 gb of ram. Again thats if this is solely for editing and rendering and you have a huge budget.

depending on budget

i7-6700     < i7 6700K       < i7-6800K      < i7-6900K  < i7-6950X

gtx1050 ti < gtx1060 3gb < gtx1060 6gb < GTX1070 < GTX1080

so 

i7 6700    goes with GTX1050ti           8GB RAM

i7 6700K goes with GTX1060 3GB   16GB RAM

i7 6800K goes with GTX1060 6GB   16GB RAM

i7 6900K goes with GTX1070            32GB RAM

i7 6950X goes with GTX1080            64GB RAM

and.......

2x Xeon goes with Titan                  128GB RAM