poor FPS,stuttering in SKYRIM SE

AbeC916

i have 2x GTX 1080 and cant get over 46 fps and will bounce down to 10 fps intermittently. Ive set it to use single card only and same thing. 

I am at 4k ultra settings

Anyone else having this problem?

What area are you seeing the dips in? And what is the rest of your rig?

Edit: If its Whiterun-dips are normal, even at 1080p ultra (plus mods) with the load only at 50%, the clockspeed (due to the way my GTX 970 boosts) at 1354MHz and my i7 4790K running at 4.5GHz across all cores. And that's after replacing the HD texture pack with the optimized textures mod (less vRAM usage, higher quality textures, far less CTD, higher average and minimum performance).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i7 6700k 16gb of ram, ssd,

running a few lighting,armor, water mods. But it was happening before i put the mods in. No weird saves (no cheese :))

Seeing the dips mostly when going into new areas or about every 10 min or so?

2 minutes ago, AbeC916 said:

i7 6700k 16gb of ram, ssd,

running a few lighting,armor, water mods. But it was happening before i put the mods in. No weird saves (no cheese :))

Seeing the dips mostly when going into new areas or about every 10 min or so?

Get the unofficial patch, because Bethesda is Bethesda, and Bethesda always releases games riddled with bugs and relies on the modding community to fix them. Low fps in areas and stuttering occur in all of their games-even Morrowind on my current desktop (funnily enough, the issues are actually worse than when I play it on my Pentium III desktop-FX5500 256MB@300MHz core, PIII @1.12GHz 1.8V), 512MB SDRAM).

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Get the unofficial patch, because Bethesda is Bethesda, and Bethesda always releases games riddled with bugs and relies on the modding community to fix them. Low fps in areas and stuttering occur in all of their games-even Morrowind on my current desktop (funnily enough, the issues are actually worse than when I play it on my Pentium III desktop-FX5500 256MB@300MHz core, PIII @1.12GHz 1.8V), 512MB SDRAM).

have the unofficial patch and it first in the loot order, same thing.

Did some googling and found a youtube video of a someone disabling GSYNC and setting the game to fixed frame rate

Tried and and 60 fps steady, ive only played it for a few minutes but so far no dips 

Thanks 

ps. credit to nate 

1 minute ago, AbeC916 said:

have the unofficial patch and it first in the loot order, same thing.

Did some googling and found a youtube video of a someone disabling GSYNC and setting the game to fixed frame rate

Tried and and 60 fps steady, ive only played it for a few minutes but so far no dips 

Thanks 

ps. credit to nate 

Ok, that would be because Bethesda's games are all normally locked at 60fps via built in vsync due to the physics engine not working as it should above that (it runs faster the higher the FPS, like old DOS games from 30 years ago, which is stupid and lazy IMHO).

PMSL

I get dips walking into new areas -- but that's about it...

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

• 1 month later...

In order to fix the framerate issue, either go into SkyrimPrefs.ini under C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition and change iVSyncPresentInterval=1 to iVSyncPresentInterval=0. If you have ENBSeries, or ENBSeries and an ENB installed, then also overwrite it's enblocal.ini file with: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2477/?