what card should i upgrade to ?

KeFy
Go to solution Solved by Metallus97,
Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

not at all, the 1060 is a stronger 1080p card, only times its beten is in Vulcan and DX 12 and even then its usually not by much. there also arent too many DX 12 and Vulcan games on the market and there wont be for a while

yep but the 480 is allso enugh in 1080p

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

we are usiually not against AMD, we just dont recoment stuff thats bad vaue, if it was a lower budget them i would have said a 470, but seeing as a 1060 6GB has a good price here in Sweden then there is no reson to recomend the 480 in this case

ok... my bad. I did not get, that HE is in sweden... becuase in the US things would be defferent

SO: My bad xD

Buy 1060 BUT the 6G

1 minute ago, KeFy said:

here in sweden i can easily find a 6gb version of the 1060 for around 220$

and as i said i dont like amd cards since they have acted weird and broken down on me in the past

Dude... yopu cant compete against this price for the AMD getthing 1060 now is silly...

And here are so mayy guys agains AMD?

But why.

I use a 780 as i told earlyer. But i dont care for the brand

I promise this thing will run fine like a nvida card. You will not notice anny difference.

and in Dx12/vulcan its faster

sooooo.....

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

Just now, Metallus97 said:

Dude... yopu cant compete against this price for the AMD getthing 1060 now is silly...

But why.

I promise this thing will run fine like a nvida card. You will not notice anny difference.

sooooo.....

i know that amd cards are genuraly good cards but serveral of their cards have broken down on me so thats why im going for nvidia聽

5 minutes ago, KeFy said:

here in sweden i can easily find a 6gb version of the 1060 for around 220$

and as i said i dont like amd cards since they have acted weird and broken down on me in the past

in Sweden there is basically no reason to got for a 480, its just as expensive as a 1060 for less preformance, the differance between the cheapest 1060 6GB and 480 8GB was about 20sek last time i checked

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is聽play no games atm &聽watch聽anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...聽 nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project!Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log!聽(Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life.聽

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut;聽and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " -聽MageTank聽31-10-2016

Just now, KeFy said:

i know that amd cards are genuraly good cards but serveral of their cards have broken down on me so thats why im going for nvidia聽

yeha... i cant force you to by the 480... just saing

much bore bang for the buck and enugh bang if you are in 1080p...

5 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

But why.

sooooo.....

we are usiually not against AMD, we just dont recoment stuff thats bad vaue, if it was a lower budget them i would have said a 470, but seeing as a 1060 6GB has a good price here in Sweden then there is no reson to recomend the 480 in this case

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is聽play no games atm &聽watch聽anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...聽 nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log!聽(Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life.聽

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut;聽and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " -聽MageTank聽31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

yeha... i cant force you to by the 480... just saing

much bore bang for the buck and enugh bang if you are in 1080p...

not at all, the 1060 is a stronger 1080p card, only times its beten is in Vulcan and DX 12 and even then its usually not by much. there also arent too many DX 12 and Vulcan games on the market and there wont be for a while

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok... my bad. I did not get, that HE is in sweden... becuase in the US things would be defferent

Buy 1060 BUT the 6G

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Buy 1060 BUT the 6G

its the same in the US, a 660TI is enough for 1080p too, the 1060 is the stronger card in the priceclass at 1080p in anything thats DX11, Open GL, and even in some cases DX 12 and Vulcan

Builds:

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Right now in America, good 1060's are less expensive than good 480's.聽

Oh cool, then go for that

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

okok it might depend on the game... but i personaly do considder those things like this: I dont care for a bottleneck IF I still have nice FPS (wich will be possible with this i5 and a 480/1060. So the nexting to upgrade in a few months then would be the cpu to "unleash" the full power from the CPU. So this is a sort of investing in the future ;).聽

If he can aford it he should go with the stronger card even if its bottleneced a bit by the CPU

Well I mean he might not even see an fps difference between with a higher end GPU...