Razer Deathadder 2013 Review

ManOfDisguise

Ergonomics: This mouse is mostl intended for people who use a palm grip and have medium sized hands. I have bigger hands(19 cm from base of palm to top of middle finger) and unfortunately I couldn't palm it comfortably. My index finger overreached the mouse about 1cm and my middle finger overreached it about 1.5cm. But if you have middle sized hands then the Deathadder should be perfect for you. For me the DA works best with a claw grip. Now note this is a very high mouse and some people may find the big bump in the middle of the mouse uncomfortable, others may love it.

Sensor:  The sensor on this mouse is perfect! 0 prediction and acceleration! The only thing that not everyone might like is the lift off distance. To me this wasn't a problem as I don't lift my mouse when I game. Tracking was pretty much flawless. I didn't notice any jitter at even the highest DPI settings.

Buttons: The DA 2013 has 5 buttons which is imo just right for FPS gamers. Some people may not like not having DPI buttons again this is a very subjective thing as some people change their DPI on the fly in games and some don't. The LMB and RMB buttons are very easy to click and I from time to time would accidently click the RMB button when holding the mouse more tightly(claw grip). Now the side buttons differ very much from the LMB and RMB buttons in that they require more force but not TOO much force. The scroll wheel I really had no problem with other than that I would like it to take a bit less force to click it. But this is again, very subjective.

So is the Razer Deathadder 2013 for you?

If you are more of an FPS gamer who needs only the best tracking you and use either a palm grip or claw grip(more of a palm grip mouse though) and have medium sized hands(so at max 1.5cm shorter than mine) then this mouse is almost perfect!

It has some drawbakcs like the higher lift off distance, very sensitive LMB and RMB buttons(can be a plus in some cases) and for some, an uncomfortable shape.

I hoped this helped you decide whether or not to get this mouse.

Note: i didnt include some categories like "software" and "pricing"(which is very easy to find anyway) because i wanted to make this review as short and constructive while still covering most of the important features.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Nice review, I also got the Razer DeathAdder 2013 recently and I love it! One of the best mice I've every tried, and I've tried quite a few, Logitech G19x, Razer Mamba 1stgen and 2ndgen to mention a few.

The Deathadder has no prediction or acceleration nonsense, which is why I love it.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I'm a claw grip user but I love the ergonomic of the mouse. When i'm claw gripping, it feels like I'm holding onto the mouse very strongly due to that bump/elevated part in the middle.

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

DA 2013 is probably one of the best or the best optical gaming out there because everybody is starting to use more laser mice which has some execelaration issues which I hate. The DA 2013 fixes all of that and has a DPI of 6400 which love 

$$金Trill金$$

Nice review, I also got the Razer DeathAdder 2013 recently and I love it! One of the best mice I've every tried, and I've tried quite a few, Logitech G19x, Razer Mamba 1stgen and 2ndgen to mention a few.

The Deathadder has no prediction or acceleration nonsense, which is why I love it.

thanks! again its my 1st review so yea its not the best but i didnt want to make it too long

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

If you are more of an FPS gamer who needs only the best tracking you and use either a palm grip or claw grip(more of a palm grip mouse though) and have medium sized hands(so at max 1.5cm shorter than mine) then this mouse is almost perfect!

So true :P

I got a deathadder 2013 aswell :D

So true :P

I got a deathadder 2013 aswell :D

:) Im just so angry that I have bigger hands. If I could palm it a bit better it would be godly. Damn you hands! Why u so big?

Specs of my PC:

Ew.. Razer, the Alienware of the peripherals..

I see no constructive meaning in your post whatsoever.

However if you were to give some argument that would be good.

But again this is not about Razer in general but rather just one product from their brand, which happens to be one of the best mice.

Ergonomically, aesthetically, performance and price-wise.  

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

• 1 month later...

I love this mouse but I also can't seem to find a place to rest my ring and pinky finger comfortably, what do you do?

I love this mouse but I also can't seem to find a place to rest my ring and pinky finger comfortably, what do you do?

Yea its annoying i put my pinky on my mousepad and my ring finger on top of it. Got no other choice

Specs of my PC:

I also have this mouse.

I find it very good...

The only problem I have ever had with it is that sometimes during the more intense fps battles, I may accidently click the LMB button... Yeah the LM and RM buttons are a bit sensitive, but thats the only problem that I have ever had with it.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

BF3 on minimum settings = 25fps @ 720p

I also have this mouse.

I find it very good...

The only problem I have ever had with it is that sometimes during the more intense fps battles, I may accidently click the LMB button... Yeah the LM and RM buttons are a bit sensitive, but thats the only problem that I have ever had with it.

Same. Also to me RMB seems a bit more sensitivte thn LMB. Made my accidently ADS in CQB which was really annoying

Specs of my PC:

Ew.. Razer, the Alienware of the peripherals..

Did you mean to do anything but start a fight?

Anyway my stance on Razer is that their peripherals will not make you a pro gamer like their retarded marketing says. But I won't for a second deny credit where it is due. The Deathadder is a fine mouse, I do not think I can say the same about most of their other product but the DA2013 is one of the best mice on the market right now.

But to the OP nice review however you did not really mention the scroll wheel. That thing is one of the best scroll wheels on a mouse in the price range.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Did you mean to do anything but start a fight?

Anyway my stance on Razer is that their peripherals will not make you a pro gamer like their retarded marketing says. But I won't for a second deny credit where it is due. The Deathadder is a fine mouse, I do not think I can say the same about most of their other product but the DA2013 is one of the best mice on the market right now.

But to the OP nice review however you did not really mention the scroll wheel. That thing is one of the best scroll wheels on a mouse in the price range.

Oh yes, I forgot about that! Must agree, the scroll wheel is really good with most other scroll wheels if Im choosing weapons(which i dont do with scroll wheel) I overspin it and its clumsy. This is nice and easy to control. Although the default page scrolling was too slow for me so I had to up it.

Also, thanks! :)

Specs of my PC:

Proud owner of this mouse, it's been flawless for me so far, love it.

My Rig: CPU: I7 4770K@4.5Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 650w SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27"

Thanks for the review ;D ive been using the mouse for 4 weeks now and agree with everything in the review 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Thanks for the review ;D ive been using the mouse for 4 weeks now and agree with everything in the review 

thanks! :)

Specs of my PC:

Should I get this now or wait until a 2014 version comes out?

Get this now. Like seriously, what can Razer even improve on this? The shape is the only thing that you may or may not like, but the shape is gona stay the same. They cant really improve the sensor as the sensor is pretty much perfect. The only big change/upgrade I could see coming would be a version with different materials. But im not saying the ones used in the 2013 are bad, not at all, but some people might like rubberized mice more.

Specs of my PC:

Still doesn't beat the legendary Logitech MX 518

Ergonomics are personal preference, some will like the logitech and others will like the DA. However the quality of the materials and the sensor of the DA is much better than the Logitech and that is not opinion.

But Intellimouse 3.0 4 Lyfe!

Pshhh, my 3-blue cobra will beat your mouse any day

And my 660 ti will beat your 650 ti boost any day :P