DJI Mavic Pro vs Yuneec Q500 4k

QuantumBit

Now I've been reading the specs, and the Mavic has things like 7,000 meter travel distance, which is 11.4 times longer than the Q500's 800 meters, but the Q500 is cheaper and has 360 view.

What do you guys think?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

23 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Now I've been reading the specs, and the Mavic has things like 7,000 meter travel distance, which is 11.4 times longer than the Q500's 800 meters, but the Q500 is cheaper and has 360 view.

What do you guys think?

• I don't know about the Yuneec, but DJI has experience in building reliable drones.  Reliable relative to the price point at least.
  • Even if the Mavic has an operating distance of 8000m, what are the regulations for flying drones where ever you plan to fly them?  In the UK it's like 400ft (I think) max and must maintain line of sight all the time, line of sight for whoever flies the drone, not line of sight for anyone else.  And you need to fly a certain distance away from regulated air space.
  • Think about image quality.
  • The Mavic is more portable because it can be folded.
  • 360 view as in the camera records 360 degrees of view or that the camera + gimbal can be rotated 360 degrees?  If it's the latter, you will see the drone in the shot, and you can do a 360 camera turn with any drone, though of course with some drones that requires turning the drone and not the gimbal or camera.
  • The Yuneec gimbal + camera setup is detachable letting you mount it on a handheld setup.

Compare how you will be using the drone, the regulations governing flying drones wherever you plan to use them and what you will be getting out of them.  Then choose.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

3 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:
  • I don't know about the Yuneec, but DJI has experience in building reliable drones.  Reliable relative to the price point at least.
  • Even if the Mavic has an operating distance of 8000m, what are the regulations for flying drones where ever you plan to fly them?  In the UK it's like 400ft (I think) max and must maintain line of sight all the time, line of sight for whoever flies the drone, not line of sight for anyone else.  And you need to fly a certain distance away from regulated air space.
  • Think about image quality.
  • The Mavic is more portable because it can be folded.
  • 360 view as in the camera records 360 degrees of view or that the camera + gimbal can be rotated 360 degrees?  If it's the latter, you will see the drone in the shot, and you can do a 360 camera turn with any drone, though of course with some drones that requires turning the drone and not the gimbal or camera.
  • The Yuneec gimbal + camera setup is detachable letting you mount it on a handheld setup.

Compare how you will be using the drone, the regulations governing flying drones wherever you plan to use them and what you will be getting out of them.  Then choose.

Yea I think I will get the Yuneec because why have a drone that can fly 4.3 miles if the max is 400 feet above and in sight?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

8 hours ago, QuantumBit said:

Yea I think I will get the Yuneec because why have a drone that can fly 4.3 miles if the max is 400 feet above and in sight?

It's up to you, compare the cost to features and what you will be getting out of them.  Also, check online reviews about each drone to see if anyone has something to say about their experience, good or bad.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Double post.