Zalman ZM-T4 when cheap gets cheaper

brownninja97

zalman-zm-t4-mini-tower-case,7-T-404633-

Not much of looker this thing. But check the price $21.50 or £15, yes you saw that, dual usb 2.0 or 2x 3.0 for $5 or £5 more. Also it has 1 usb 3.0 usb installed already and four fans FOUR BLOODY FANS WHAAAT( 3 120mm and one 92mm). Its definitely not the worth case and some reviewers are leaking a bit of information saying that it has great build quality making quality of cases three times its price.  Shots fired to the muther****ers over at Cit.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/zalman-zm-t4-mid-tower-case-cheap,24588.html

T4_01_eng.jpg

T4_19.jpgT4_21.jpgSeems stupid to note but at that price this is amazing to see.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

-snip-

Not much of looker this thing. But check the price $21.50 or £15, yes you saw that, dual usb 2.0 or 2x 3.0 for $5 or £5 more. Also it has 1 usb 3.0 usb installed already and four fans FOUR BLOODY FANS WHAAAT( 3 120mm and one 92mm). Its definitely not the worth case and some reviewers are leaking a bit of information saying that it has great build quality making quality of cases three times its price.  Shots fired to the muther****ers over at Cit.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/zalman-zm-t4-mid-tower-case-cheap,24588.html

i LIKE the look, capslock op, anyhow I might take this, is it full tower?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty cool case! I bet this is going to be used in lots of low budget builds.

Or just people who likes the looks.

i LIKE the look, capslock op, anyhow I might take this, is it full tower?

4 pci brackets so its matx, this is really raising the bar for the low end cases.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

4 pci brackets so its matx, this is really raising the bar for the low end cases.

Nice

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To guys over at Zalman 

3vfx93.jpg

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

one 5.25" bay for serious??  Its awesome to see a case with only one.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I didn't even think that a case that feature rich could even come in at that price point. Also from the looks of it there might be some simple cable management options behind the motherboard? This case just seems to have it all. It just there has to be something wrong with it guys. It can't be that promising of a budget case xD

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I didn't even think that a case that feature rich could even come in at that price point. Also from the looks of it there might be some simple cable management options behind the motherboard? This case just seems to have it all. It just there has to be something wrong with it guys. It can't be that promising of a budget case xD

One hdd or two ssds, that seems like the issue with it.

Listen if you care.

This will be a great competitor to the Fractal Design Core 1000

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

This will be a great competitor to the Fractal Design Core 1000

in theory it should destroy the core 1000, longer gpu length, fan controller and cable routing, its cheaper and comes with a bunch of fans. sadly zalman cases seem to be underrated for no reason so people are likely to still get the core 1000. Also top mounted psus are horrible, you cant even attempt cable routing.

Listen if you care.

This looks like a really good option for a budget build. Enough space to do SLI/Crossfire with a cheaper card, or get a mid-range one and be able to upgrade later, and wide enough to not have clearance issues no matter which card that may be. Storage seems to be limited, but in a budget build you'll probably only have a single HDD anyway, and worst case you can move the HDD up to the 5.25" bay with an adapter and then put in your SSD, or even get a 2.5" HDD if you really need to. Speaking of 5.25" bays, who would spend money to get more than one thing in them anyways in a budget build? At most you'd have a single disc drive, or maybe some extra I/O like a card reader if that's important to you. Definitely nice to see a budget case that is REALLY cheap, and cuts the extraneous things rather than the basics like solid construction and cable management.

there seems to be a lot of space between the top of the mobo and the case... radiator support?

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

there seems to be a lot of space between the top of the mobo and the case... radiator support?

with some minor modding you could easily get most dual rads to fit in it.

Listen if you care.

One hdd or two ssds, that seems like the issue with it.

Actually no according to the article it can have 2 3.5in drives or 3 2.5in. So yeah still really good for a mATX form factor.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Actually no according to the article it can have 2 3.5in drives or 3 2.5in. So yeah still really good for a mATX form factor.

what i said is for the ability to not sacrifice gpu space

Listen if you care.

oh all the mods i think i can do with this case plus its so cheap but, what is the cable mangement space behind the motherboard tray plus im so tempted to put gtx 780 in the .case just for the lols

After looking at the official specs, I'm not so sure about this case. It actually has more storage than I expected, managing to cram in 3x 2.5" mounting points AND 2x 3.5" bays all filled at the same time, but like I mentioned earlier you're probably not going to have more than one HDD and one SSD in the sort of build going into a budget mATX case. In return, it also has very limited cooling options. The front intake is a single 120mm fan mount, the back is a single 92mm mount, and the only other mounts are on the side panel which wouldn't have space for any radiators. It does have the holes for external watercooling (for some reason, it has 3 if I counted correctly), but seriously who would do that with an mATX case?

Anyways, it seems like the only real watercooling option is a single 120mm rad in the front, and there's plenty of space there if you have a smaller graphics card, but with how far that is from the CPU you'd be needing a custom loop and there's really not much more space left. Airflow also doesn't seem superb, though they were nice enough to supply air filters on all the potential intakes.

Well, as long as you're not doing anything too hot this will probably be plenty, and if you are doing something particularly hot you should probably have the budget for something better.

I would put a sdd, hdd, and use something like the arctic cooling alpines for a cooler.  Perfect case for family members who like gaming but aren't techies.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

After looking at the official specs, I'm not so sure about this case. It actually has more storage than I expected, managing to cram in 3x 2.5" mounting points AND 2x 3.5" bays all filled at the same time, but like I mentioned earlier you're probably not going to have more than one HDD and one SSD in the sort of build going into a budget mATX case. In return, it also has very limited cooling options. The front intake is a single 120mm fan mount, the back is a single 92mm mount, and the only other mounts are on the side panel which wouldn't have space for any radiators. It does have the holes for external watercooling (for some reason, it has 3 if I counted correctly), but seriously who would do that with an mATX case?

Anyways, it seems like the only real watercooling option is a single 120mm rad in the front, and there's plenty of space there if you have a smaller graphics card, but with how far that is from the CPU you'd be needing a custom loop and there's really not much more space left. Airflow also doesn't seem superb, though they were nice enough to supply air filters on all the potential intakes.

Well, as long as you're not doing anything too hot this will probably be plenty, and if you are doing something particularly hot you should probably have the budget for something better.

Putting in anything other than a R9 290X should be fine see what I did there? Hahaha                                                     sorry

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Looks really nice for a cheap case. Just hope that the fans aren't loud and at least blow a significant amount of air.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Looks really nice for a cheap case. Just hope that the fans aren't loud and at least blow a significant amount of air.

Zalman use the same fans in all of their cases(differences are led and non led). The little suspect fan is the smallest fan 92mm or 80mm, those are always likely to be loud, as there is a built in fan controller you can mess around with that. My fans are not loud at all, i have to put my ears close to them before they hear them(unless i max the controller out). The air pushed around is around the level of the corsair af120 series(i chart i saw a while make). Zalman used to only make fans and cpu coolers but they are coming up in the world.

Listen if you care.

• 1 year later...

My next case :D

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: