How do I know which cooler and case to buy?

Shaheen

in about a year or so I'm building myself a PC, but... How do you choose a cooler and a case for your build though?

Case: whatever is beautiful

Cooler: Whatever is cool

3 minutes ago, Shaheen said:

in about a year or so I'm building myself a PC, but... How do you choose a cooler and a case for your build though?

If you are using PC Partpicker, and you have all of your other components selected, it will give you a list of cases that will work to house all of the hardware. Cooler is up to you as long as it fits, the Hyper 212 Evo is a very popular choice for its well balanced price to performance ratio, the Noctua Nh-D14 is a very good air cooler that looks interesting. If you want an AIO you can buy the Corsair H100i or something along the lines of that. 

Here is a link to Pc part picker: http://pcpartpicker.com/

It depends on the rest of the system. Instead of looking for a cooler or case separately, plan the system as a whole instead. 

A great way to get started would be to post in the New Builds and Planing subforum after reading this: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Cooler depends on CPU, RAM and case. Plus what your budget is and how big OC you are aiming for. Oh, and looks if those matter.

Case is price and preference. Rather than asking us what you should get, list things you want from case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv