Sound coming from right ear is louder? Should I RMA Headphones?

RadiatingLight

Basically, the sound coming from my HyperX Cloud Stinger's left earcup is noticeably lower volume than the sound coming from my right earcup. what should I do?

also, when i push down on the left earcup while the headphones are on (slightly increasing air pressure inside the earcup) I hear a nasty popping sound. it sounds almost as if a membrane were forcibly being pushed backwards. when this happens, the sound is normal until I let the pressure equalize again, and the sound gets dampened again. (basically, sound is only normal when there is positive air pressure in the earcup,. WTF)

Do I RMA the headset or not?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I'd suggest RMA'g your ears first. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'd suggest RMA'g your ears first. 

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

get a second opinion to make sure ur hearing doesn't need to be checked first :P

yeah RMA :P

I flipped the headphones around (left earcup on right ear) and the problem persisted (except flipped, because my headphones were flipped)

so my hearing's fine.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

1 hour ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Try plugging them in to a different port/device, when there's a bad fit you get weird imbalances between the right and left ears

Plugged into my phone, same problem

Desktop:

Laptop:

This happened on my brother's hyperx cloud bluetooth edition headphones. Seal your mouth on the earcup and blow into it to pop the speaker back into place, or suck if that doesn't help.

Yes it sounds weird, but its a thing that happens

@RadiatingLight

44 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I flipped the headphones around (left earcup on right ear) and the problem persisted (except flipped, because my headphones were flipped)

so my hearing's fine.

It sounds like both ears might be defective. Or it could be the brain. I'd recommend getting another pair of ears and brain to double check. 

23 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

This happened on my brother's hyperx cloud bluetooth edition headphones. Seal your mouth on the earcup and blow into it to pop the speaker back into place, or suck if that doesn't help.

@RadiatingLight

What-the-fuck-did-i-just-read.jpg

(not denying it, just....wut)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It sounds like both ears might be defective. Or it could be the brain. I'd recommend getting another pair of ears and brain to double check. 

(not denying it, just....wut)

How else do you suggest imparting a positive or negative pressure upon the speakers?

In the case of my brother's headphones, I took them apart and gently pushed the drivers back where they are supposed to be using a dull pencil

There aren't actually any warranty stickers

23 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

@RadiatingLight

wait WTF... it worked

@djdwosk97

Image result for So Crazy It Just Might Work Meme

Desktop:

Laptop:

• 1 year later...
On 18/11/2016 at 5:29 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

How else do you suggest imparting a positive or negative pressure upon the speakers?

In the case of my brother's headphones, I took them apart and gently pushed the drivers back where they are supposed to be using a dull pencil

There aren't actually any warranty stickers

I'm having exactly the same issues.  I've not tried getting in to the speaker assembly, but when I pushed the drivers back it only cured it for 10-15mins at best and then popped back out.

What exactly did you do to fix it permanently?  I'm nervous to press any harder in case I break something.

Cheers

Lee