[Updated 2/12/16]YouTube broken? Big creators report mass unsubbing

Master Disaster
17 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

I lost 2 subs. Pretty devastating when you have 3 subs

Heard it here first Youtube is manipulating Subscribers by 66% 

Man, I love hearing about Youtube having issues all the time... Because they never seems to affect me in the least. I've never had a single issue with my sub box, ever. Or getting forcefully unsubbed from a creator I follow.

I do keep a list of all the channels I follow, "just in case" something like this does happen, because who knows, maybe one day I'll be affected.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

12 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

It's the "legitimate" accounts getting unsubbed which is the "problem", but those accounts probably belong to someone participating in one of those dislikes-for-cash third parties. All the channels complaining about losing subs seem to be channels for the young male demographic. The demographic most immature and ready to abuse systems and loopholes, however often they get bitten in the ass.

I wonder if it was worth the $0.45 they earned for disliking a COD trailer. Probably in the form of a bitcoin fragment.

WAT?

Seriously who does that? Do people not realize that a dislike helps as much as a like for visibility in youtube's algorithm? I mean have they not hear ALL youtubers asking you to "Like or Dislike and comment" because either helps?

-------

Current Rig

-------

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with more videos

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's just an algorithm that removes troll, bot, ghost, and unused accounts, with some active accounts getting false flagged due to bots and minor bugs.

And, in the youtuber fashion, those that had their numbers go down by a few thousand (out of a few million) are blowing it out of WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY proportion.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

16 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

It's just an algorithm that removes troll, bot, ghost, and unused accounts, with some active accounts getting false flagged due to bots and minor bugs.

And, in the youtuber fashion, those that had their numbers go down by a few thousand (out of a few million) are blowing it out of WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY proportion.

What about the altered view counts? Philip Defranco reported yesterday that at one point his video had -109k views so yeah, YouTube has a problem here.

-KuJoe

Just now, KuJoe said:

What about the altered view counts? Philip Defranco reported yesterday that at one point his video had -109k views so yeah, YouTube has a problem here.

Again, it's the removal of troll, bot, ghost, and unused accounts and false demographic data they can account for. It's also an "issue" that isn't really there, people are getting their panties in a twist for no reason.

YouTube's only problems are:

A) The view count for up to 24 hours of a video going live from large accounts. They've added a plus sign because of how long it can take to accurately compute view count.

B) Rampant bots.

C) Wasted disk space.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Again, it's the removal of troll, bot, ghost, and unused accounts and false demographic data they can account for. It's also an "issue" that isn't really there, people are getting their panties in a twist for no reason.

A) The view count for up to 24 hours of a video going live from large accounts. They've added a plus sign because of how long it can take to accurately compute view count.

B) Rampant bots.

C) Wasted disk space.

I don't see how that explains how a video can have a negative view count unless YouTube finally implemented an option to "unwatch" a video. :)

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

I don't see how that explains how a video can have a negative view count unless YouTube finally implemented an option to "unwatch" a video. :)

If anything, it's a one off glitch that is completely unrelated to the "issues" that YouTube ignorant Youtubers are complaining about.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

23 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

B) Rampant bots.

C) Wasted disk space.

Well I'm certainly not a troll, bot, or ghost, and I've been unsubscribed from at least 10 of the channels I follow over the last 6 months or so. Not that I care too much, but I don't follow too many channels so it's relatively noticeable. I also check youtube at least once a day so it's not unused in any sense of the term either. Again, it's not a big deal to me really, but I can imagine it sucks for content creators.  It's the active people getting unsubscribed who've complained about it that drew attention to the problem in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Did you even watch the videos?

Pewdiepie tweeted H3H3 and said he was unsubbed from them despite watching everything they publish.

Now I know he's a cock but he's not a bot, troll, ghost or unused account. He's one of the biggest players in the game.

If you watch the latest videos you'll see they have a pretty solid theory about what is happening, they just don't know why google would make that change.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I never seem to get unsubbed and I actually wish YouTube would unsub me sometimes. Why am I still subscribed to dead channels? Oh well, just have to unsub myself. Youtube doesn't know what the hell it's doing.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

You can get negative views by doing this.....

Upload something that is not technically allowed but it gets tons of views... then.... a month later or so it gets flagged. Every view it got is automatically negative. So I had a video reviewing a scene which ended up getting flagged after having a solid 10K views or something. Next day, video was removed and in my stats it showed -10K views. Of course eventually my 10 year account was banned without warning because I couldn't take down 2 videos I had left which were deemed "too popular" for what they were and got flagged by someone. Videos that were up for months...get flagged...LOL Youtube... Gestapo tactics.

Why is a video allowed to be uploaded and watched for months and months, then gets your account banned... it makes no sense. I've had videos get taken down instantly for whatever reason because they aren't allowed, one being The Entity fanmade trailer (un-monitized too).... go figure. But... the real trailer is allowed, but not my version for some reason... that to me makes no sense. Very frustrating.