Reason people use them

• Build Quality/Design
  • The brand 
  • Bandwagoning
  • Reliable
  • OS
  •  

Reasons not to use them

• Price to performance ratio is horrible (on some models)
  • More options with windows(software) (Check before you buy)
  • More powerful alternatives(Hardware)
  • Can only do simple gaming. 

This list is not bias. I gathered everyone's opinion and place on the list. Let me know if you think I'm missing something important.

I'm still in high school and I already am seeing a bunch of people getting Mac books. I've even heard other people praising the laptop, saying things like "nice computer you got there, can I have it?" Of course I don't think the people who buys them actually buy the high specs model, probably low specs to mid specs at most. I've seen some pictures of students at colleges and like 99.99% of them uses a Apple laptop. I myself used to love them (when I was in middle school) since they are like the cool thing to have cause its made by Apple and it looks pretty cool. Now I don't even think of owning one, I'm into windows laptop now. With really cool laptops like the Dell XPS line, HP Spectre, and much more why do people still lean towards Apple? People I ask said that the Apple laptops are the best of the best but its certainly not true especially with the model they picked. I really do get mad sometimes when someone compares a low-mid end mac book/pro with something like a high end model Dell XPS 15. I once got told the Dell XPS 15 is a cheap laptop and I was poor so I couldn't afford the mac book even though it was like 2 times more expensive than theirs. When telling them about the specs the dont even care, which shows their stupidity and ignorance. Basically I just get a bit mad when I see the amount of apple laptops there are. What are you guy's thoughts on this? 

Just now, GeorgeKellow said:

Surprisingly, some of their products are good 

I understand that, but the majority of the people buying them aren't buying the ones that are good. 

In my school everyone uses Mac's and Iphones, but you know, screw it, they are in ignorance and don't care.

Bring those peasants to us!

PcMasterRace

All hail Lord GabeN

1 minute ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Surprisingly, some of their products are good 

They are not good, they are optimized, people buy them because of aesthetics and think apple is the best

Just now, jasonwj322a said:

I understand that, but the majority of the people buying them aren't buying the ones that are good. 

They don't really have many bad sku's. They are built well and don't really cut corners like many other brands do on low end products. 

1 minute ago, jasonwj322a said:

It's just showing off, MacBooks are for status you know, they don't care about specs

Just now, Tricklix said:

In my school everyone uses Mac's and Iphones, but you know, screw it, they are in ignorance and don't care.

PcMasterRace

All hail Lord GabeN

Exactly. Even the people who don't have a phone or a iphone say they want one. 

1 minute ago, Tricklix said:

It's just showing off, MacBooks are for status you know, they don't care about specs

They might not care about specs, but they do care about their experience. A lot of people who have a Mac ended up with a Mac/iPhone because their experience with the competition was awful. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Even tho Galaxy S7 Edge is more powerful and 40% cheaper, Vernee Apollo is wayy more powerfull than S7 edge and 50% cheaper, all about name and status

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

They don't really have many bad sku's. They are built well and don't really cut corners like many other brands do on low end products. 

They are not good, they are optimized, people buy them because of aesthetics and think apple is the best

2 minutes ago, mcfly said:

Apple is really good at selling a very clean, accessible and premium-feeling product. They are in no means more powerful that windows laptops at the same price point, but power isn't everything. 

What gets me mad is when I start telling one person how its bad compared to something else at similar price points, everyone else joins in and tell me im wrong.

1 minute ago, mcfly said:

Apple is really good at selling a very clean, accessible and premium-feeling product. They are in no means more powerful that windows laptops at the same price point, but power isn't everything. 

BAM, couldn't have said it any better myself.

Apple products are great for people that don't care about how something works, and don't want to have to configure anything. They tend to just work (most of the time anyway)

Another thing I have noticed is that MacBooks tend to last a LOT longer than most PC laptops. I have a friend with a 2009 MacBook that is still running just fine for their needs and they have no need to upgrade.

When in doubt, re-format.

2 minutes ago, Tricklix said:

I said "Some", not all. 

2 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

Please don't make threads like this. It just gets annoying. 

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

What gets me mad is when I start telling one person how its bad compared to something else at similar price points, everyone else joins in and tell me im wrong.

Don't get mad bro. You cant fix stupid...

When in doubt, re-format.

They just want to feel good for what they bought, if i bought a razer product (i did once and sold it 1 week after) i would say its the best thing in the world, as people that by beats by dres say same.

Just now, pwn_intended said:

Don't get mad bro. You cant fix stupid...

You deserve best recommendation 

7 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

-snip-

the reason people buy apple products is because they own other apple products, are aesthetically pleasing and because they are user friendly and dont change in a drastic manner.

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

5 minutes ago, mcfly said:

That's not entirely true. Compared to other ultrabooks, Macs offer a similar level of performance at a similar price point (the OLED touch bar models excluded)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If your willing to pay for them there good laptops. There not for gaming, but just good premium laptops. 

Take one apart and look at how much effort they put into design.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

They might not care about specs, but they do care about their experience. A lot of people who have a Mac ended up with a Mac/iPhone because their experience with the competition was awful. 

Thats the same thing with iphones. People had bad experience with Android phones. But one thing really important is what they bought. People bought low end Android phones and computers. They are willing to ship out a lot for a Apple product cause there are no alternatives but they wouldnt with Android/windows because there are cheaper alternatives. This is one of the biggest problems. 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If your willing to pay for them there good laptops. There not for gaming, but just good premium laptops. 

Take one apart and look at how much effort they put into design.

As I said, into design, not perfomance, people that buy them look for plug and do it and don't care if they need to upgrade, they think: It's apple it's good.

Thats the same thing with iphones. People had bad experience with Android phones. But one thing really important is what they bought. People bought low end Android phones and computers. They are willing to ship out a lot for a Apple product cause there are no alternatives but they wouldnt with Android/windows because there are cheaper alternatives. This is one of the biggest problems. 

I know quite a few people who have switched from a high end windows/android device to a Mac/iPhone. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Tricklix said:

PcMasterRace

All hail Lord GabeN

You never owned an apple product. I have a really beefy pc and i will never switch to an imac, but i have a gaming laptop, iphone, i'm never switching to android honestly. the mac os ui is honestly really really good, everything is well optimised for the os.