New LMG Channels

GeekyPete

New LMG Channels  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What new Channels Should LMG Make?

• Honest Tech Reviews
    • Not Tech Stuff
    • Video Gaming Channel
    • More Official Linus Cat Tips
    • None/I don't care
    • Shill Quickie
    • LiFT

LMG has talked about making new channels in the past month, so I figured that a thread to vote and organize the ideas was in order.  I'll update this post after we have a few ideas. Or before. We'll see.

Suggested Channels

• Honest Tech Reviews: Quickly unbox it and give a quick honest impression no BS exact opposite of Shill Quickie. Where they just point out some obviously bad and good parts and show how it was packaged. Source: WAN show via michaelocarroll007 
  • Shill Quickie:   Reading exactly what the company wants LMG to say with zero actual opinion to purely make money. Source: (https://youtu.be/HdDnpXRh29s)
  • Not Tech Stuff:  A place for LMG to post videos that wouldn't fit under CSF and not piss off subs of the main channel. Source: (https://youtu.be/227fgWPPPNU)
  • Video Gaming Channel: Kinda CSF, but 95% gaming, not like 1 battlecouch episode every 3 weeks. Source: UberGamingKing
  • More Official Linus Cat Tips: Everyone at LMG's cats. Source: StabbersPSN
  • LiFT: Linus Fashion Tips. Source: brenan999

Not tech stuff: channel super fun

LinusCatTips: LMG employees who have cats and don't mind posting short clips of them

I know the channel already exists but make it somewhat official.

Anime Addict | Gamer | Tennis Player | Software Developer | My Outdated Beauty

3 minutes ago, GeekyPete said:

Not Tech Stuff:  A place for LMG to post videos that wouldn't fit under CSF and not piss off subs of the main channel. Source: (https://youtu.be/227fgWPPPNU)

What sort of non-tech? 

LTT is a buisness so they cannot get into every single non-tech field because they have to stay in buisness.

Most of the better non-tech is channel super fun, most people just get pissed when they they show tech items, but are non-computer related. 

5 minutes ago, GeekyPete said:

Honest Tech Reviews/ Shill Quickie:   Reading exactly what the company wants LMG to say with zero actual opinion to purely make money. Source: (https://youtu.be/HdDnpXRh29s)

This wouldn't be reviews it would be Linus being paid to say things about a product. This would just be boring advertisements then just with Linus in them, I would hope LMG doesn't sell themselves out to companies to do this.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

How about a Video Gaming Channel.

Kinda CSF, but 95% gaming, not like 1 battlecouch episode every 3 weeks

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

These are basically quotes the from the references in the videos.  Non Tech as in the amazon things people bought through their affiliate link. Shill Quickie would basically be a joke, but make them money.  Do I need to put quotation marks around honest and reviews?

29 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

How about a Video Gaming Channel.

Kinda CSF, but 95% gaming, not like 1 battlecouch episode every 3 weeks

Because they polled for gaming vs toys as a new channel a while back and "toys" won.

dont bother with Shill Quickie
Dom Esposito is already the token-sellout on youtube

Photography / Finance / Gaming

5 minutes ago, mok said:

dont bother with Shill Quickie
Dom Esposito is already the token-sellout on youtube

I dunno. LMG could do shill quickie pretty well. Just read the "bit" in monotone. No emotion whatsoever, and flash clips of how "well" whatever they have is performing or how much of a pain it was to get working. So in the foreground you have Linus saying "And setup is a breeze" and in the background you have the LTT crew swearing over how much of a pain said thing was to setup and get working.

Basically a "read between the lines" channel. (For laughs, obviously.)

So basically you're suggesting that it's either "I want them to add [insert channel type here]" or "If they add another one, I'll just leave them altogether." How about "They're fine just the way they are." Why is that not an option? Or an option of "I don't really care." 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

None of those sound even remotely interesting. I would love to see more oldschool style unboxings. They moved again with content from well written overviews towards more DYI content which is good thing. But I don't think there's real need for new channel. CSF could get 2nd upload per week.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, GeekyPete said:

LMG has talked about making new channels in the past month, so I figured that a thread to vote and organize the ideas was in order.  I'll update this post after we have a few ideas. Or before. We'll see.

Suggested Channels

• Honest Tech Reviews/ Shill Quickie:   Reading exactly what the company wants LMG to say with zero actual opinion to purely make money. Source: (https://youtu.be/HdDnpXRh29s)
  • Not Tech Stuff:  A place for LMG to post videos that wouldn't fit under CSF and not piss off subs of the main channel. Source: (https://youtu.be/227fgWPPPNU)
  • Video Gaming Channel: Kinda CSF, but 95% gaming, not like 1 battlecouch episode every 3 weeks. Source: UberGamingKing
  • More Official Linus Cat Tips: Everyone at LMG's cats. Source: StabbersPSN

i Would of liked more so what luke was thinking in the last Wan Show. Honest Unboxing quickly unbox it and give a quick honest impression no BS exact opposite of Shill Quickie  where they just point out some obviously bad and good parts and show how it was packaged