Budget gaming PC, pentium g4400 or core i5 6500

Good day.

I've been wondering recently about which CPU I should buy, I recently became interested on the Pentium g4440 because it's over clocking capacity, but my question is which one should I buy, compared with a 3 months used i5 6500 with a cost of 142 U$D; it pretty much would cost the same at the end due I would add a water cooling system to the Pentium processor. and also I would like to add, as a motherboard I would be using a gtx 1060.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Nextime04 said:

Good day.

I've been wondering recently about which CPU I should buy, I recently became interested on the Pentium g4440 because it's over clocking capacity, but my question is which one should I buy, compared with a 3 months used i5 6500 with a cost of 142 U$D; it pretty much would cost the same at the end due I would add a water cooling system to the Pentium processor. and also I would like to add, as a motherboard I would be using a gtx 1060.

Thank you.

Sorry, not motherboard; I would be using a graphic card gtx 1060; don't worry I already slapped myself

The i5 6500 will out perform the G4400 easily. Get the 6500. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I would atleast get an i3 6100. The difference between a Pentium and i3 is pretty big. Your fps will almost be cut in half with a Pentium.

Get an i5 6400 new for about 170 USD. You might be able to get it cheaper at Microcenter. They always have good deals on CPUs. I got my 5820K for 320 at Microcenter.

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Not anymore. 

you still can if you use the old bios that supports it

25 minutes ago, Nextime04 said:

Good day.

Thank you.

Even the i5 at stock can beat the G4400 due to it being a quad core, since most games see a large benefit from 4 cores over 2

28 minutes ago, Nextime04 said:

Good day.

Thank you.

i5 anyday and it's only 3 months old.

Good luck.

30 minutes ago, Nextime04 said:

as a motherboard I would be using a gtx 1060

The GTX 1060 isn't a motherboard, it's a graphics card.