Dell Inspiron 15 (7537)
Processor Name: Intel Core i7-4500u @1.8 GHz, boost up to 3.00 GHz
Operating System: Windows 10
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 750M
Storage Capacity (as Tested): 1000 GB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Graphics Memory: 2048 MB

Alright so this is the situation I am running in to. As you can see in the images attached when I start a stress test with Aida 64 my CPU usage goes up to 100% but my CPU does no boost up to it's maximum boost clock, this is the first interesting result I found. Notice that during this time both the CPU clock and temps are very stable, not much fluctuation.

After running the test for about 15 min. I allowed Aida 64 to stress my GPU as well. Once I did this my CPU temp. increased which is to be expected because it is a laptop and the heat of the GPU is most likely spreading to the CPU package. What is interesting is that once I enable GPU stress my CPU speeds drop dramatically and fluctuate significantly which then causes the CPU temps to fluctuate as well. What is strange about this is that when my CPU speeds drop no CPU throttling is being reported in Aida 64.

This is the part that I find the most confusing and interesting. After I stop the stress test my CPU usage goes down to less than 5% and my CPU temps. drop a solid 20 degrees, But my CPU speed actually goes up to much higher than it was during the test and almost up to what it's rated boost clock is.

If you have any idea why this is happening or what I can do about it please let me know.

dell_aida_clocks_edit.png

dell_aida_temps_edit.png

| CPU Intel I7 6700K | Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 2666Mhz | GPU MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X + NZXT Kraken g12 w/ NZXT Kraken x52 | Case NZXT h440 | Storage 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 2TB Samsung 850 Evo | PSU EVGA Supernova G2 750W | Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate |

Might be throttling to keep total system load under control

Go into windows' advanced power settings and max everything. Be warned, this managed to kill my brother's laptop's ability to run on battery, it drew too much power