How to hard reset an acer monitor

featherwolf

I tried OCing the refresh rate on my acer g527hu and now I'' getting a black screen with just the text "Input Not Supported". This happens after the bios screen and only once Windows has started to load. I can't access any GUI or the monitor's menu settings to reset it. Is there a way to fix this?

Just in case someone else Google's this in the future and it is the monitor at fault, unplugging wall power should hard reset, or pressing and holding the power button. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2016 at 3:08 PM, Xanthe_2871 said:

Just in case someone else Google's this in the future and it is the monitor at fault, unplugging wall power should hard reset, or pressing and holding the power button. 

@Xanthe_2871 Created an account just to thank you for your advice. I have a triple/multi monitor set up and the monitor i was having issues with was an Asus XF240H. I work from home for a call center mid call the monitor just decided to randomly turn off mid call. I tried literally everything, uninstalled most recent drivers & reinstalled them, tried different cables and different ports on my GPU. Unplugging monitor from power for an extended period of time.. Nothing worked until i found your post which suggested to press and hold the power button resolved EVERYTHING. I know it sounds like 3rd world problems but you really saved my ass with my job man and and I just really wanted to thank you.  

SEO: Asus XF240H No Display. Press and Hold Power Button to Resolve Issue

On 7/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, ShadowBomber said:

@Xanthe_2871 Created an account just to thank you for your advice. I have a triple/multi monitor set up and the monitor i was having issues with was an Asus XF240H. I work from home for a call center mid call the monitor just decided to randomly turn off mid call. I tried literally everything, uninstalled most recent drivers & reinstalled them, tried different cables and different ports on my GPU. Unplugging monitor from power for an extended period of time.. Nothing worked until i found your post which suggested to press and hold the power button resolved EVERYTHING. I know it sounds like 3rd world problems but you really saved my ass with my job man and and I just really wanted to thank you.  

SEO: Asus XF240H No Display. Press and Hold Power Button to Resolve Issue

I'm glad it helped! That's why I like to post solutions even if the issue has been fixed offline, or someone posts a specific problem and the other comments are specific, but I know a more general answer others might find helpful ? have a great day! Really appreciate the comment!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

• 11 months later...

Can you please help me? I have an Acer K222HQL monitor that I was trying to overclock and now it just says "Input Not Supported". I have looked up a bunch of videos to try to fix this problem, but nothing work. One video said to hold down shift + F8. Another video said to spam F11 until a menu came up, but still nothing worked. I tried everything you said to do but again, nothing worked. I had watched a video on how to overclock a monitor. The guy said your monitor will go black but not to be worried because it would come back on after a while. First I tried putting it up to 80hz. Then 90hz, 120hz, back to 80hz, and then lastly 90hz. I don't know what I did wrong, but this time the monitor didn't come back on. I'm really panicking because I don't know what to do and I don't know if I broke my monitor or not. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me fix this problem.