Intergrated vs Dedicated GPU ?

PTSBK

So I am confused as to which Laptop to buy.
If a laptop then what I will look for is high performance but good looking, portable and not heavy.

So Laptop like - 

Dell XPS 13/15 

Macbook Pro 2016 13/15

Thing is, I'm confused with is that, whether the dedicated graphics in them is worth paying for ? 
like in the dell, the 13" has inbuilt but the 15 has 960M( which I guess is gonna get upgraded very soon to the latest one ) and also like the MacBook Pro 2016, 13" is with inbuilt and the 15 with good AMD graphics .
Is this going to make any difference after few years? As in, if I buy one of these then it will stay with me for approx 3+ years for sure. I know the inbuilt will performance at its best for maybe a year (I'm assuming ) but will it cause any problem after say 2 years?

Things that I use are apps like Adobe PP, AE, PS, NetBeans, Tomcat, Node.js and I want to start to learn game development. 
The XPS is top notch and one of my all time favorite. 

I know many will disagree with me but I feel MCBP even though having a year old specs can outperform the one with the latest. If you want then check the TLD video in which Apples least spec MCB pro could also outperform the latest spec laptop from HP. Also, I dont like fingerprints on my display so having a touchbar is better than getting the fingerprint of those dirty friends who do not wash their hand. 
I know there are other options in laptops too like the Dell 7559 and I considered that. So is it good to buy that laptop?

If you want to do some game development, the 960m can help.

Especially if you want to keep it for 3+ years. 

Btw i've watched the video and they keep talking about "optimized software" and whatever but, with things like netbeans and node.js, there is afaik 0 difference in optimization. It will be completely depending on the raw power the system has.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Btw i've watched the video and they keep talking about "optimized software" and whatever but, with things like netbeans and node.js, there is afaik 0 difference in optimization. It will be completely depending on the raw power the system has.

There must be some difference with PS and other adobe apps right?

Dedicated graphics card can help, but it means extra weight.

it's all about compromises.

I managed to run unreal engine with a 6200U and no descrete GPU if it can help (it was not on a complex level)

34 minutes ago, PTSBK said:

I want to start to learn game development

MBP is better because it runs MacOS; however you should use windows for this ^.

MBP can run windows but I think XPS would be better for this ^

Also Macs are not the best for running linux if thats what you're into, whereas the XPS can come with Ubuntu

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_