Processor: Wait or Buy? & RAM: Latency vs. Speed

Hi! I have two questions. One about processor. One about memory. I'm planning to build a PC for video editing and gaming.

Processor:

Right now I'm looking into buying the Intel Core i7-6700K for my build but I heard that the Intel Core i7-7700K processor is coming out soon (January?). I can wait until January to build my PC - should I wait or just buy the 6700K right now? The 7700K is appealing. The water cooler I plan to get is the Corsair H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler, if that matters. And my motherboard will only support LGA1151. I believe everything is compatible (correct me if I'm wrong).

RAM:
I have two choices between RAM. One has a higher latency and higher speed and the other has lower latency and lower speed. As you know, the higher the speed the better but the higher the latency the worse. Here comes the dilemma: should I get the higher latency and higher speed memory or the lower latency and lower speed memory?

Higher speed; higher latency:
Speed - 3000MHz

Tested latency - 15-17-17-35

Lower speed; lower latency:

Speed - 3466MHz

Tested latency - 16-18-18-36

Thanks for the help!

Speed does not matter get one that is cheaper

Kaby Lake is compatible with 1151 socket

if your current system is cutting it, wait for Kaby lake and get a kaby lake mobo by factory. probably better compatibility but not sure. Also RAM speed and timings really don't matter, it's more of the looks or cost, either one is up to you.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Speed does not matter get one that is cheaper

Kaby Lake is compatible with 1151 socket

Yep.  As far as I know you won't actually notice any difference in the RAM, so whichever is cheapest.  

With Kaby Lake it's not a huge leap forward over Sky Lake, but if you can wait, you may as well just to see what the numbers end up being.  I've heard they're supposed to be officially released at CES in January, I wouldn't necessarily trust any "leaked" info.  And yes, your motherboard should be compatible, if you're unsure just consult your motherboard manufacturer, but most should be good to go with UEFI/BIOS updates.  I also don't predict supply shortages/price hikes like with the 10 series Nvidia GPUs since Sky Lake is still very much relevant, so if the MSRP rumors I've been seeing are true, the prices should be on par with Sky Lake.   

If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait for Zen. Should be in limited quantities in January.

If they're as good as estimated (within a few percentages below intel cpus or a tiny bit better), you may see lower prices on current Intel processors. Competition.

I wouldn't worry too much about DDR4 memory frequency. I wouldn't aim for exotic frequencies as it wouldn't give you performance increases.  2800-3200 Mhz would be enough for me, or some nice round multiple of the cpu's base frequency...

Just wait for the new CPUs and buy their appropriate motherboards. 

For the memory, 15-17-17 would act like a 16-16-16 latency
In terms of memory performance, it would be better to get a flat number across the board.
15-17-17 chips are slightly easier to bin then 16-16-16