Looking for opinions and advice on my first build

Hello,

I'm going to be building my first PC soon and would like some advice/suggestions on my build so far. The theme is red and black, I want it to be pretty future proof and I want the parts to be reliable.

Any advice or suggestions on what I have so far would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hRQyVY

Scap that thermal paste, its included. And since you are going for red and black why not go for the MSI card:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/fKp323/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-video-card-gtx-1070-gaming-x-8g

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

start with a budget?

what will it be use primary for? 

- future proof is a concept of time- CPUs change annually, GPU seem to be continuously, case and rams ... well... as the market releases them.

you could spend $200 if all you are doing is mindcraft and facebook,

rather than start with the colour ( as even in the case is fully enclosed the colour doesn't matter) apply a purpose first.....and if cash isn't a problem then well ........ we envy you.

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Scap that thermal paste, its included. And since you are going for red and black why not go for the MSI card:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/fKp323/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-video-card-gtx-1070-gaming-x-8g

A lot of people say that Asus have more reliable parts and the Asus card has RGB lighting

I'd stick with the thermal paste, it will save you a couple of degrees. And it only costs a couple of bucks anyway.

In terms of GPU, the Strix is entirely black with red accent lighting, and the MSI has a really bright red frame. It's a case of personal taste, but from my experience I found MSI's red color to be too bright, and in the end not really fitting into the color scheme. 

Also when you want to go for another color scheme, it's doable with Asus's card as it's entirely black with RGB lighting. 

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

1 minute ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

A lot of people say that Asus have more reliable parts and the Asus card has RGB lighting

Asus have decent parts, you can't go wrong with them until they go wrong with the product itself as Asus support is trash so if you do wanna stay with Asus make sure it's from a good retail store.

Steve

8 minutes ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

Hello,

I'm going to be building my first PC soon and would like some advice/suggestions on my build so far. The theme is red and black, I want it to be pretty future proof and I want the parts to be reliable.

Any advice or suggestions on what I have so far would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hRQyVY

looks good! :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

2 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

start with a budget?

- future proof is a concept of time- CPUs change annually, GPU seem to be continuously, case and rams ... well... as the market releases them.

rather than start with the colour ( as even in the case is fully enclosed the colour doesn't matter) apply a purpose first.....and if cash isn't a problem then well ........ we envy you.

The budget is €1500 ($1655) including mouse and keyboard so about €1200 euro but it's flexible. Primarily will be used for gaming.

10 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

start with a budget?

What I have now is about €1350 ($1490) 

so that $1655 US?, if the parts picker showing $1233 us ? if so, correct me if i'm wrong,     bump up your ram, move to the i7 and water cooler, 

or leave the i7 and increase the 1070 to 1080... overall I think you will well and truly beat my machine, and for your first build - you really should be smiling well done. ..

my first  was a mix of duo core with 1gb ram "hand me down" parts for $50 bucks. :D 

dont try to build the best , build what works..... with the best you have

50 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

so that $1655 US?, if the parts picker showing $1233 us ? if so, correct me if i'm wrong,     bump up your ram, move to the i7 and water cooler, 

or leave the i7 and increase the 1070 to 1080... overall I think you will well and truly beat my machine, and for your first build - you really should be smiling well done. ..

my first  was a mix of duo core with 1gb ram "hand me down" parts for $50 bucks. :D 

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/nQqbwV If you ignore the shipping cost. 

52 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

Reviews of both are good from what I heard, but it's fine either way.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide