Should I upgrade my CPU already??

SamX

I'm running i3 2100 , gtx 750ti OC, 8GB. Lately i have noticed Chrome lags when i Alt+Tab out from GTA 5. Almost everything I do on PC has chrome running in the background.
I just found an used i5 2320 for $50. Will upgrading to it provide any boost to everyday computing? I play at 1080p with games like Mafia 3, GTA 5 and some occassional video editing for game clips to youtube.
P.S. My mobo is fairly 1 year old Gigabyte 1155 socket so I'm not looking to upgrade to the latest series as of now.

14 minutes ago, SamX said:

I'm running i3 2100 , gtx 750ti OC, 8GB. Lately i have noticed Chrome lags when i Alt+Tab out from GTA 5. Almost everything I do on PC has chrome running in the background.
I just found an used i5 2320 for $50. Will upgrading to it provide any boost to everyday computing? I play at 1080p with games like Mafia 3, GTA 5 and some occassional video editing for game clips to youtube.
P.S. My mobo is fairly 1 year old Gigabyte 1155 socket so I'm not looking to upgrade to the latest series as of now.

it probably will provide a boost but i doubt that upgrading it is really worth it for that price, you would probably be better of by saving for a mobo and cpu upgrade. 

Check your ram usage, but if it is just when using alt tab that is to be expected some programs don't like to be switched like that.

With lga 1155 boards production stopped years ago, it isn't only a year old board probabbly just never used until then.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

14 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Check your ram usage, but if it is just when using alt tab that is to be expected some programs don't like to be switched like that.

With lga 1155 boards production stopped years ago, it isn't only a year old board probabbly just never used until then.

It isn't ram because by lag i mean when i have gta 5 minimized & try to type on chrome then the letters show up a second after i type & my cpu shows its maxed. I'm in India so things come late here & stay longer too. I was able to find quite a few boards for 1155 last year. I don't have any incentive to buy a new build for another year & a half 

29 minutes ago, tlink said:

it probably will provide a boost but i doubt that upgrading it is really worth it for that price, you would probably be better of by saving for a mobo and cpu upgrade. 

True i want to have the 6th gen but that would mean i need a new mobo, cpu & ddr4 ram which is way over my budget right now. I don't have disposable income so want to upgrade little by little 

57 minutes ago, SamX said:

i think it should be expected as i3 2100 is very old and gta V uses cpu a lot ...... u can upgrade to i5 2320 its a quad-core so will help in video editing but still i would suggest to upgrade if you can if not go for it.

27 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

i think it should be expected as i3 2100 is very old and gta V uses cpu a lot ...... u can upgrade to i5 2320 its a quad-core so will help in video editing but still i would suggest to upgrade if you can if not go for it.

Yes I want to upgrade to the i3 6100 but that's a big investment. Cpu, ram etc. But If I get my i5 2320 I'll end up selling my i3 for 25-30$ so its essentially a 20 buck investment hehe :P