Need your help

NTDaws

Networking is such a pain in the ass when you don't want to learn anything about, I mean I know stuff but like I don't care about it. But anyways heres the issue and it's really odd. Yesterday my father was installing new power pluginls in the walls. Power went out in certain areas like the garage and downstairs and everywhere. Here is the funny part, my brother said on his PS4 he keeps getting a timed out warning on his PS4 when he connects to the Wireless Extender in the garage. But when he goes in the house it works like a charm. When I plug in the ethernet cable from the PS4 to the Extender, it works but he says he gets a substantial amount of internet lag. But this just started happening yesterday when the power went out in the garage. The extender is a Linksys RE6500. My mother keeps saying our IP address has disappeared lol. She doesn't understand networking so. Anyways what could be the issue. It seems to be getting a good connection to the house from the garage. Thanks.

Dawson Wehage

The geek himself.

What do you mean the power "went out"?  Surely if he was doing electrical work he intentionally shut off the power... you make it sound like it was unexpected...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

What do you mean the power "went out"?  Surely if he was doing electrical work he intentionally shut off the power... you make it sound like it was unexpected...

My bad it's 10 o clock at night. I meant he intentionally did.

The geek himself.

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

My bad it's 10 o clock at night. I meant he intentionally did.

ok well that probably rules out things breaking from a spike or something like that.  Are you using any powerline ethernet connections?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

ok well that probably rules out things breaking from a spike or something like that.  Are you using any powerline ethernet connections?

No

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

No

Hm... well there goes the obvious cause :P 

How could electrical work cause wireless issues... hm...

are there any new wires where they didn't use to be?  Perhaps it's causing interference some how...

15 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

timed out warning

What do you mean by that? I don't have a PS4

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

I'm not familiar with wifi extenders, but there should be some rest button, that will get everything back to defult. Try that first and see if it helps.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

8 hours ago, Carlos1010 said:

What do you mean by that? I don't have a PS4

I don't know, it says that when trying to connect to the extender

The geek himself.

7 hours ago, Simon771 said:

I'm not familiar with wifi extenders, but there should be some rest button, that will get everything back to defult. Try that first and see if it helps.

All of the above

The geek himself.

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Hm... well there goes the obvious cause :P 

How could electrical work cause wireless issues... hm...

are there any new wires where they didn't use to be?  Perhaps it's causing interference some how...

Literally nothing is changed

The geek himself.

48 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Literally nothing is changed

Then logic dictates that the recent work coinciding with this sudden issue is nothing but a coincidence.  I would troubleshoot this from the pov of just ordinary wifi issues, and ignore any possible connection to the electrical work.