I need new wireless headphones for my TV.

Xanthe_2871

I've been using my Turtle Beach XP300's to watch TV. I've gone through 3 of them because I keep falling asleep with them on and end up snapping the plastic support beam. Since I don't play online anymore, I don't need a gaming headset. 

Does anyone know of a good headset, one that's wireless, charges off USB (I don't want something that needs a base to charge, I want to be able to use them while they charge), and has a transmitter that accepts optical audio? My budget is open; I won't spend $500 or $600, but if someone knows of a headset that offers a compelling reason to spend $100 or $200 instead of buying a new XP300 for $30 on eBay, then I will consider it!

P.S: I don't expect anyone to research this topic for me. I know how to Google. I'm just hoping someone here already did the homework and can give me a quick answer!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

5 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

and has a transmitter that accepts optical audio?

I dont know if they do optical off the top of my head but there are plenty of cheap optical converter boxes on amazon

The Sennheiser RS120s are hailed as awesome on ear, over ear headphones for this exact use case

The Sennheiser RS 175's are "better", are overear, and are definitely Optical ready 

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

7 hours ago, Jonathan W said:

I dont know if they do optical off the top of my head but there are plenty of cheap optical converter boxes on amazon

The Sennheiser RS120s are hailed as awesome on ear, over ear headphones for this exact use case

The Sennheiser RS 175's are "better", are overear, and are definitely Optical ready 

Thanks! Can I charge it off USB? I want to be able to use it while it charges. I don't see mention of USB on the Amazon listing :(

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

5 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Thanks! Can I charge it off USB? I want to be able to use it while it charges. I don't see mention of USB on the Amazon listing :(

No, The base station plugs in to the wall and then the headphones use pads in the bottom of the head band to charge when they're sitting on the base. That's why the head cushion is split down the middle

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

3 hours ago, Jonathan W said:

No, The base station plugs in to the wall and then the headphones use pads in the bottom of the head band to charge when they're sitting on the base. That's why the head cushion is split down the middle

Alright. Thanks though! I'll keep looking :)