Whats the best GPU for £200

PhatPanda

hi

Ive been looking for a new GPU i have an AMD CPU and I've just got £200 to spend on a new one i don't know what to get that why i need your help.

There are two best GPUs for 200.

Radeon RX 480 - Supports Crossfire, Has Freesync which costs a lot less than the Nvidia Equivalent in a monitor, and its overclocking responds to voltage, but isn't as fast in some games.

Geforce GTX 1060 (there are 2 versions, the one with 3GB is weaker due to a cut down core. The 6GB is generally a little bit faster and the 3GB is generally cheaper but slower compared to the 480, and that trend seems to continue for now. But it doesn't have SLI, Gsync which is the equivalent costs 200$ more on a monitor, and Nvidia seems to be going the route of Microsoft with Telemetry.

Weigh the advantages and disadvantages and make your choice :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

There are two best GPUs for 200.

Radeon RX 480 - Supports Crossfire, Has Freesync which costs a lot less than the Nvidia Equivalent in a monitor, and its overclocking responds to voltage, but isn't as fast in some games.

Geforce GTX 1060 (there are 2 versions, the one with 3GB is weaker due to a cut down core. The 6GB is generally a little bit faster and the 3GB is generally cheaper but slower compared to the 480, and that trend seems to continue for now. But it doesn't have SLI, Gsync which is the equivalent costs 200$ more on a monitor, and Nvidia seems to be going the route of Microsoft with Telemetry.

Weigh the advantages and disadvantages and make your choice :)

Well put. Also, I want to add that the DX11 and DX12 nonsense about how the RX480 or 1060 does better in is completely false. They do just as well as each other in lots of AAA games combined. Don't let this confuse you on which one you want to purchase.

4 minutes ago, Yoo Song Won said:

Well put. Also, I want to add that the DX11 and DX12 nonsense about how the RX480 or 1060 does better in is completely false. They do just as well as each other in lots of AAA games combined. Don't let this confuse you on which one you want to purchase.

DOOM seems to be an outlier of the 480 gaining massive performance for now, but at least Vulkan means AMD doesn't have to be laughed at by OpenGL games.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

DOOM seems to be an outlier of the 480 gaining massive performance for now, but at least Vulkan means AMD doesn't have to be laughed at by OpenGL games.

Oh yeah, of course. DOOM, for whatever reason, loves those AMD cards. Same with GTA 5 with Nvidia. I'm mostly talking about games like Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare though...