Most demanding game in 2016

LeonHaker

What is the most demanding game of 2016?

If you can run that game, you can run everything, just like Crysis 3.

Or does Crysis 3 still holds that title?

DEmending in the sense of detail or demanding in the sense of unoptimised ?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Isn't the most demanding all-round game that doesn't have rampant optimization issues Tom Clancy's 'The Division'?

dues ex: mankind divided comes to mind

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

Isn't the most demanding all-round game that doesn't have rampant optimization issues Tom Clancy's 'The Division'?

Ye I agree the division is rediculas to run but it well optimised

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

19 minutes ago, Emils B said:

some people say its Ark survival evolved i think 

Wouldn't say that it is due to graphical settings. The issue is more of how much crap you have on screen rendering all at once.

In that case, you can do far worse with kerbal space program, or even skyrim, fallout, etc with console commands and mods.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

11 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Read my reply again. I said it's the most demanding game that DOESN'T have optimization problems. 

16 minutes ago, Emils B said:

@drewjn tru so then just go in KSP and build a rocket so big to move the moon out of its orbit

Meant more of the fun attempts of adding 500 or so rocket boosters together, let it lift off with over 30 or so disconnections and have it all shake and blow up at a glorious 2fps.

Could also go into ark, and just console command 5k rexs, a mecha/chrome dragon or two, and a few mod bosses for your game to crash to all hell. Granted, then the question is whether you mean demanding due to what we add into the game, or whether it is demanding on vanilla with highest settings, or if it is due to just poor optimization; which was particularly my point in the first place.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

31 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Read my reply again. I said it's the most demanding game that DOESN'T have optimization problems. 

The division is well optimised and I even stated it was even with sli support it's well optimised

also (1600) 

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

The division is well optimised and I even stated it was even with sli support it's well optimised

Exactly. You keep insisting that it's well optimized when I never disagreed with that. You need to read someone's post properly before you reply to it.

13 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I said it's the hardest game to run that DOESN'T have optimization issues. Then you went ahead and told me it's well optimized- something I had already said.

11 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

You're just parroting my point.

10 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Exactly. You keep insisting that it's well optimized when I never disagreed with that. You need to read someone's post properly before you reply to it.

I said it's the hardest game to run that DOESN'T have optimization issues. Then you went ahead and told me it's well optimized- something I had already said.

You're just parroting my point.

So ur being a bitch because I agreed with you and clarified ur point ? 

also (1600) 

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

So ur being a bitch because I agreed with you and clarified ur point ? 

You didn't clarify my point. You misunderstood it, and then you parroted it. And now you're resorting to name-calling.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

You didn't clarify my point. You misunderstood it, and then you parroted it. And now you're resorting to name-calling.

Ur an idiot if I parroted ur point it's because I agreed 

and if I didn't understand it then neither did u 

also (1600) 

10 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Ur an idiot if I parroted ur point it's because I agreed 

and if I didn't understand it then neither did u 

You seem to be out to start a quarrel. Find some degenerate who's happy to oblige- I will continue to contribute towards productive discussion alone.

15 hours ago, LeonHaker said:

What is the most demanding game of 2016?

If you can run that game, you can run everything, just like Crysis 3.

Or does Crysis 3 still holds that title?

Probably Mafia 3. My GTX 970 can only do about 35 fps at 1080p high.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Lol. That game is a POS that doesn't look the part. I have to agree with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and The Division.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Piss Ports dont count.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

No Game released in 2016 which would earn tht crown. BF1, the division  and  Shadow Warrior 2 are good looking tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

27 minutes ago, Praesi said:

BF1,

eh , linus made a vid about how little it demands

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

22 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

eh , linus made a vid about how little it demands

And what did i say about it?