Kingston V300 120gb SSD died

My Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 motherboard had to be RMAed the other day for corrupt dual bios. I just got it back (took about 2 week in total from mailing to doorstep) and put it together and the next day the computer does a instant restart after running for about 2 hours and restarted and was fine. Later that day I turned off the computer the correct way then turned it back about 2 hours later and boom doesn't detect my SSD anymore. I tried it in another computer and same thing. WTF happened? So I took 2 500gb HDDs and put them in raid 0 and installed win 10 on it and it worked fine. So I wanted to see if it would detect the SSD while running and when I connected it while it was on it shuts off and killed one of the HDDs. Maybe that was stupid to plug a SSD in while the computer was on. So I just ordered a Samsung 840 EVO 250gb for $60. Hope that my mobo isn't killing them. I don't get why the SSD died but the HDD was prob my fault. What do y'all think?

Just in case, have you tried reseating the SSD? Use different SATA ports and cables.

Also the V300 is a really bad one, if you can, try and get it replaced with something better like a UV400.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

You might be better off just using the new one, the v300 is probably the worst name brand drive on the market, high failure rates and slow. The 840 evo is going to do you much better, hopefully it's not the motherboard. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q